Date(s) - 05/11/2021
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sudo Mesh is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide internet access and promote digital justice across the Bay Area and beyond. We build community-owned wireless networks, develop free and open-source software and firmware, and give away laptops to those who can’t afford them.
SUDO MESH WORK JAMS
Every Tuesday night (besides the last one of the month), Sudo Mesh stewards meet to work on ongoing projects, technical bugs, community and media outreach, finances and budgeting, and upcoming events, such as node mounts, office hours, and workshops.
- WHEN: 8 – 9 PM on Tuesdays every week
- WHERE: NOW ONLINE: Join our group videochat at https://meet.jit.si/sudomesh2020 !
What is Sudo Mesh? It is made up of several projects:
- People’s Open Network — a group that is building a community-owned and operated wireless network in Oakland, Berkeley, and beyond.
- Disaster Radio — a project to create disaster-resilient communications network powered by the Sun
- Laptops for All — a grassroots endeavor to solicit laptop donations from startups and other organizations across the SF Bay Area and distribute them freely to those who can’t afford them.
We need people of all backgrounds to help with everything from community involvement and grant writing to mounting antennas on buildings and developing software. All skills and levels of interest are encouraged to participate!