Date(s) - Dec Mon 11 2017
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Mission: To ensure the continued financial health of the Omni Commons.
The OC Finance Working Group is tasked with:
- recording all costs and revenues and monthly reporting of this information in a transparent way;
- paying bills out of omni oakland collective’s bank account or accounts;
- collecting funds from member collectives and depositing them in omni oakland collective’s account or accounts;
- forecasting the financial health of the omni oakland collective and highlighting risks and opportunities;
- filing all paperwork regarding finances as required by law;
- alerting OOC of any breach or other variance from agreed financial contributions by member collectives.
The Fundraising Working Group focuses on fundraising campaigns and grantwriting. Fundraising works closely with Finance and Communications to develop short- and long-term strategies for increasing our cashflow. While the bulk of income pursued is through charitable means (donor solicitations, grant-writing, benefit events, etc;), the group is open to all creative ideas for raising capital so long as they do not compromise the project’s overarching Values.
Search the wiki if you want some info: https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Fundraising_Working_Group