Event:2017/12/13 Basement Kitchen Meeting
Omni Commons Kitchen Fundraising Meeting - Wednesday, Dec 13, 2017 @ 6pm
- marcus, joe, jenny, phil, robb, grant, sierk, ken
- should we split the campaign up into phases, and aim lower for this first round? we can always raise the goal.
- phase 1 would be plumbing - tony quoted us at $10-20K
- send out pre-pledge requests before the end of Thursday
- launch on sunday, dec 17th, between 2-4pm
- if we meet our goal, we can raise it indefinitely
- consider throwing a post-launch fundraising dance party to promote the campaign. entry fee and then mid event announcement of the campaign
- IndieGoGo/Generosity - non-profit campaigns now on Generosity w/less traffic but don't charge fee. also, choose your own deadline
- BitHope - Bitcoin fundraiser - http://bithope.org/
- Self-hosted? http://www.selfstarter.us/
- grant drafted an omni appeal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uTiWpbrsYt9kZapJe7fZzCddiVUxp8P2aduisR-wX-8/edit
- julian drafted a major donor pledge request: https://peoplesopen.net/pad/p/kitchen-pre-ask
- add a sentence or two that explicates the benefits to the community - grant
- we should also draft a press release and send to media contacts. jenny obtaining a press list
- as is grant
- max sez phat beets will promote - this is key 'cuz they're connected to many of the communities that will most directly benefit
- should make flyers and write something on chalkboard in entrance hall
- ken has a number of lists with several hundred - 1200 subscribers
- ccl also has a wide reach - especially on Meetup.com - "we can make it look like an event"
- occupy - robb/jenny/sierk
- fnb - food groups from UC - joe
- Keith - FNB co-founder - joe will contact
- ABDC's mailing list & network - marcus
- GWS - jenny will ask
- Anarchist Book Fair - Laura?
- PLACE for Sustainable Living mailing list & network - Marcus
- John & Mary - joe
- bio/sci/garden/mushroom/ccl/baam - ken
- asa - joe
- cheeseboard/arizmendi/NoBAWC - joe
- Kazoo/abdc - marcus
- Nieda B / The Village - Jenny
- brewster - robb/jenny
- 12/15 - phat beets party
- 01/13 - dsa canvassing event
- 01/20 - 5th annual vegan mac down
- finish video & upload to omni's youtube account - anka
- finish campaign text - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e2A9wZpLDHJ_XnuKEp3HtrmZLxnUkPoZpNt7b8BDTMI/edit - marcus/grant/jenny/laura
- PRE-PLEDGES: send pledge solicitation emails to individuals and mailing lists
- sample text: https://peoplesopen.net/pad/p/kitchen-pre-ask
- and add to this spreadsheet [REDACTED] - everyone
- post the campaign on the chalkboard in main hall - marcus - DONE
- make a wish list compiling the top kitchen equipment choices that we'd like to have donated to us - top of https://omnicommons.org/wiki/WishList
- press release by ASAP - jenny/grant
- press contact list - grant has a lead, jenny waiting for media alliance [they re: "net neutrality..!"
via generosity.com: "We also find that most campaigns that hit their goals raise about 30% of their funds from their community. This is a support network that you can tap into at the very beginning of your campaign to attract your first donations, which are crucial to the success of your campaign for several reasons:
- When new visitors to your fundraiser see that others trust you with their money, it gives them the confidence to donate.
- Your initial funding also gives your fundraiser momentum that can be leveraged for marketing and press.
- You don’t need to raise all the funds you need to complete a project with just one fundraiser. You can run a different fundraiser for each stage of your project. Proving your success in one fundraiser will also help build credibility for your next."