Difference between revisions of "Welcome to the Omni Commons"
Revision as of 01:02, 14 October 2014
(on the Calendar)
Creation of new member accounts suspended temporarily due to spam. Please email jenny [at] sudomesh [dot] org with your preferred username to obtain an account!
Omni Oakland Commons
A space in in Oakland, California collectively stewarded by a group of local, collective-process based groups. See Founding Document for governance.
From Latin omni-, "all, every, the whole, of every kind,"
Omni Oakland Commons is comprised of several Bay Area collectives. Its express purpose is to build consensus among member collectives with minimal possible bureaucracy for the administration of a common space and sharing of resources for the use and stewardship of the greater community. Each collective puts forth a delegate to participate in the consensus process.
The delegates do not to function as any sort of governing body for the groups involved in any general sense. There are no senators. Their only and sole point is to reach consensus on the use of the space, how to pay bills, resolve any conflicts between the groups in the space, interface with the state, banks, authorities and map out the logistical dissemination of the collective work needed to maintain the space as a commons open to the surrounding community: That's it.
- What kind of groups?
- Worker Owned
- Offer value to the public for free or sliding scale
- What core values do groups share?
- Standing in solidarity with all oppressed people
- Cultures of consent, against rape, violence & exploitation
- The survival & thrival of our communities and neighborhoods
- Striving for social, economic & environmental justice
- Maintaining an active, publicly accessible commons
- Fostering radical discourse and education
- Removing barriers to technical innovation and scientific inquiry by providing needed equipment and space for individual and group learning.
- Providing a venue for innovative cultural production
Questions for Collectives
- Draft anti-capitalist rent pay brief
- Build Consensus of Member Collectives
- Review Contract (agreement) and sign
quiet hours from 10pm - 10am
- notes from our meetings
- Safe Space Policy
- Threat Model
- Meeting Facilitation
- Omni Systems
Need help using this Wiki? ;)
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.