The Welcoming Committee organizes around creating a welcoming and inclusive experience for newcomers and visitors to the project.
The Welcoming Committee is nascent and ripe for co-constructing! Some of the ideas for activities include:
- Scheduling volunteer shifts for the front door: 10am-2pm, 2pm-6pm, and 6pm-10pm ethercalc.com/omni-front-desk
- Monthly orientations to onboard new volunteers to the collectives, people, projects, events, policies etc they should know about to man the front desk.
- Creating documentation (in tandem with the Communications WG) that we can hand out to guests – one-sheeters that make it clear and easy to see how you can volunteer and plug into the project.
- Weekly potlucks (in tandem w/ Food Not Bombs Sunday leftovers).
- Coordinating and assisting with Omni-wide events to bring in new folks from a diverse array of communities (eg; monthly neighborhood assemblies).
- Helping coordinate intake of donations.
- Creating and maintaining a community bulletin board/whiteboard for event flyers, projects, things happening in the space day-to-day
To sign up for a front door shift, insert yourself here: https://omnicommons.org/frontdesk
Meeting Minutes Archive
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.2: Warning: Skipping bad option 'created' for parameter 'ordermethod'.