We are thirteen Bay Area collectives with a shared political vision of more equitable commoning of resources and meeting human needs over private interests or corporate profit:
- Agua Viva is a worker-owned, cooperatively-run cafe that will serve as the convivial entrance to the Omni Commons.
- Art Bison Design Coop is a feminist organization producing radical screenprints and hand-dyed products.
- Bay Area Public School is a free, self-organizing, anti-capitalist school with radical and contestatory politics.
- Birdhouse is bringing art and artists to the Omni Commons.
- Chiapas Support Committee supports autonomous health care and education in Zapatista communities.
- Counter Culture Labs is a citizen science and DIYbio space that is open sourcing biology.
- Food Not Bombs has been bringing free food to parks, political events, neighborhood gatherings, and social centers since 1991.
- Global Women's Strike - Omni Collective is an international network working toward the return of military spending to the community starting with women, the main caregivers everywhere.
- Liberated Lens is a radical film & video collective dedicated to social change.
- Phat Beets is a food justice group building farmers markets and gardens in North Oakland.
- Sudo Room is a place to build, learn, reclaim technology for the people, and create alternatives to the tech industry
- Timeless, Infinite Light is an Oakland small press focused on contemporary poetry and critical theory.
- Youth Empowerment Services provides support for immigrant families in the form of language classes, youth music programs, and homework assistance.
Read more on our wiki.
The easiest ways to join Omni are:
- Donate money to keep the place open
- Come to an event on our calendar
- Get our email announcements
- Contact us with questions or feedback
If you have more time, you can:
- Join a member collective
- Join a working group
- Use the space for your own event or meeting
- Help out with somebody else's event
- Join our many email lists
- Come to our general meetings (1st & 3rd thursdays, 7pm)
- Buy us toilet paper or take out the trash. No,seriously.
If you're feeling ambitious...
- You can form a new collective, or your existing collective can become a member collective
- Read our complete, detailed history of meeting notes going back to 2013.
See our full calendar here!