We are thirteen Bay Area collectives with a shared political vision of more equitable commoning of resources and meeting human needs over private interests or corporate profit:
- Agua Viva is a worker-owned, cooperatively-run cafe that will serve as the convivial entrance to the Omni Commons.
- Bay Area Public School is a free, self-organizing, anti-capitalist school with radical and contestatory politics.
- Birdhouse is a new collective bringing art and artists to the Omni Commons.
- Buried Seeds is dedicated to the production & accessibility of Earth-based medicine.
- Chiapas Support Committee supports autonomous health care and education in Zapatista communities.
- Counter Culture Labs is a citizen science and DIYbio space that is open sourcing biology.
- Food Not Bombs has been bringing free food to parks, political events, neighborhood gatherings, and social centers since 1991.
- Global Women's Strike - Omni Collective is an international network working toward the return of military spending to the community starting with women, the main caregivers everywhere.
- Liberated Lens is a radical film & video collective dedicated to social change.
- The Mess is a theatre troupe and collective of writers, dancers, singers, actors, and mischiefmakers who are out to do comedy that is a reflection of the Bay Area’s diverse culture.
- Phat Beets is a food justice group building farmers markets and gardens in North Oakland.
- Sudo Room is a place to build, learn, reclaim technology for the people, and create alternatives to the tech industry
- Timeless, Infinite Light is an Oakland small press focused on contemporary poetry and critical theory.
Read more on our wiki.
The easiest ways to join Omni are:
- Donate money to keep the place open
- Come to an event on our calendar
- Get our email announcements
- Contact us with questions or feedback
If you have more time, you can:
- Join a member collective
- Join a working group
- Use the space for your own event or meeting
- Help out with somebody else's event
- Join our many email lists
- Come to our general meetings (1st & 3rd thursdays, 7pm)
- Buy us toilet paper or take out the trash. No,seriously.
If you're feeling ambitious...
- You can form a new collective, or your existing collective can become a member collective
- Read our complete, detailed history of meeting notes going back to 2013.
See our full calendar here!