Welcome to the Omni Commons
What if one of the largest community centers and venue spaces in the Bay Area was run by a volunteer collective where everybody is a leader, where people give what they can and take what they need? We are trying to do just that, at the Omni Commons.
Who's in Charge?
Everybody! Members of our 12 collectives make decisions together using consensus - they're called "Delegate Meetings" because every group is supposed to send at least one person. Meetings are at 7pm on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, and open to all!
To make meetings shorter, our delegates have created working groups to do much of the work of running Omni Commons. More info below.
- Our Founding Document (including a statement of solidarity)
- Safer Space Policy
- Conflict Resolution Policy
- Omni History
How To Join
We love new people! There are many ways to get involved:
- join a member collective
- join a working group
- come to an event on our calendar
- Use the space for your own event or meeting
- Help out with someobody else's event
- join a mailing list
- come to a general omni meeting (1st & 3rd thursdays, 7pm)
- buy us toilet paper or take out the trash. No,seriously.
- Help us work on the building to make it safer and more accessible
- Here is a list of outstanding issues in the building which need skilled labor
- Here is a Calendar of all our meeting notes
We need volunteers for many jobs!
- Help answer our emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a big sign for above our front door that says "Omni Commons"
- Apply for grants to fund Omni - there are many opportunities passing us by!
(on the Archival Calendar)