Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meeting notes from Oct 7
Matt S, Derek R, Danny S
Previous meeting notes
Raise money for critical start-up costs.
$70,000 Stretch goals of $88k, $111k,...maybe all the way to $700k?
- "Champion Circle" AKA host committee AKA a group of individuals/groups who champion our campaign by donating and asking their peers who can donate, too
- why might they give? how likely?
- Before any fundraising begins, communicate about Omni simply
- general communications (send newsletter, hold tours, etc.) with our audiences simply about ourselves
- it's critical that we grow our community ties instead of tapping them out!
- Build campaign vocabulary
- Make lists:
- (Local) Publications
- Media Outlets / Press
- Potential Partners
- Supernodes / Donation Brokers (bundlers?)
- Community Networks
- Interview (internal and external) stakeholders about where people see the values. User research.
- Brainstorm pledge levels, (try data-driven approach), "perks"
- Update on campaign to the Omni community. Along with announcing the video.
- Finish timeline
- Define roles, expectaions, fill with consenting and committed folks (shoot for ~3 hrs / wk)
- Campaign point-person, point-of-contact
- Community member (what simple things each person should do to support the campaign)
- (Private) list of 10 people (friends, family, acquaintances, etc) to ask directly for a good-faith contribution
- Social media roles
- Communications / IT Infrastructure
- Budget person to liason with finance working group and omni collective
- Relationships person?
- Convey that the crowd-funding campaign is next "big goal"
- Schedule Omni events at critical campaigns
- Assign experience campaigners (especially multiple) to volunteers for interview (write up notes and a summary for omni crowdfunding insight)
- Create acount with "Thunderclap"
- Community of volunteers working on campaign, together
- All Omni collective community aware of this goal as the "next big goal"
- Create an acknolwedgement and acceptance of a certain amount of risk, coming to terms with the reality of this project.