Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Omni Oakland Commons is a Collective of Collectives. Every Thursday evening, we hold a delegates meeting, where we discuss important Omni-wide issues. Each collective sends an official delegate, but the meetings are open for anyone to come and witness. If you would like to formally join the Omni Collective as a member-group, we have created this short sheet to facilitate the procedure:
- Please read our vision statement and governing principles to determine if your collective would be a good fit.
- Attend an Omni Meeting 7–9pm Thursdays at 4799 Shattuck Ave in the basement.
- Present your collective to the group. This should include *IN WRITING* a description of what you do, points of synergy w/the Omni collective, some thoughts as to how we can help one another (i.e.: what can you provide to the community? what do you need?) What you'd like to provide to the greater community.
- Please answer the questions below and submit to Omni *IN WRITING* in preparation.
- After your presentation, the Delegates will take the information to their respective groups for a week of deliberation. We will make a decision at the next Delegates meeting, in a closed vote.
If approved, the following:
- Choose a delegate to represent your collective in Omni Delegate meetings
- ATTEND Omni general meetings and participate in/contribute to the ongoing evolution of the project!
Meeting Minutes Archive
Most meeting minutes are now linked via the Calendar
|Past Meeting Notes|
|2014-05-12||Challenging Dominant Cultures meeting|
|2014-03-27||bigger open meeting - quick info session. CCL & Tooth joined collective|
|2014-03-13||fourth meeting of delegates|
|2014-03-11||work meeting to draft corporate papers|
|2014-03-06||third meeting of delegates|
|2014-02-27||second meeting of delegates|
|2014-02-13||first meeting of delegates|
|2014-02-06||officially bootstrapping the Collective of Collectives|
|2013-12-05||intro & info|
|2013-11-20||intro & info|