Event:2014/02/13 Omni Delegates Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Timeless Infinite Light
- Salta / Peppa (acronym?)
- Lowlight Photo Collective
- Sudo Room
- Oakland Nights Live (ONL)
- Bay Area Public School (BAPS)
- Bookstore / Cafe Collective
How often do we meet / when do we meet again?
- Weekly meetings (1 hr 2 times a month, 2 hrs once a month)
- Meet 1st, 2nd, 4th Thursdays - Next meeting February 27th @ 7:30pm
- Bring a draft of vision statement for Collective of Collectives to next meeting
- Create a central repository for information on the space (wiki)
- When do we need to have formed a structure / organization?
- David to write up a narrative on the space, permits, current status, etc.
- Outer bound for determining if we move into the Omni: 3 months from now
- We can begin to advertise the project - what info can we make public?
- Do we raise money as one single collective or as separate collectives?
- What types of fundraising efforts can we agree to pursue?
- Opening a Collective bank account? Who opens? Where?
- Do we need to incorporate? What about a fiscal sponsor?
- 39k to rent the space (first, last and deposit) w/ guarantors
- 65k to rent w/out guarantors
- Revenue source for purchasing space is off the table
- What is the messaging? Do we need multiple versions of messaging?
- Continuing Education vs. Community Center
- Applying for grants?
Structure for information transparency
- use mailing list to accumulate information on the project
- Who is allowed in the delegate meetings? In what capacity?
- How is power structured? How do we make decisions/ get things done?
Note taking in Meetings
- Refrain from identifying individuals by name in note taking
- Collectively compile agenda items and take meeting notes using
- an etherpad https://pad.riseup.net/p/omnidelegates
Agenda Items still to be Discussed
- How do facilitate meetings
- Paying the Lawyer (how do we split this up?)
- Does umbrella group want to incorporate?
- Collectives who are not represented - reach out
- Concrete next steps for moving in to space
- Seeking leadership from people of color
Action Items to be completed by next mtg
- Vision Statement / Value / How we envision the space being used
- Provisional timeline / next steps
- Budget and / or Revenue Model / Shared Resources
- Research on Organizations who could provide capital / guidance / counsel
- Research Incorporation for Collectives of Collectives
- Invite lawyer to next delegate meeting?