Event:2014/02/13 Omni Delegates Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Timeless Infinite Light
- Salta / Peppa (acronym?)
- Lowlight Photo Collective
- Sudo Room
- Oakland Nights Live (ONL)
- Bay Area Public School (BAPS)
- Bookstore / Cafe Collective
How often do we meet / when do we meet again?
- Weekly meetings (1 hr 2 times a month, 2 hrs once a month)
- Meet 1st, 2nd, 4th Thursdays - Next meeting February 27th @ 7:30pm
- Bring a draft of vision statement for Collective of Collectives to next meeting
- Create a central repository for information on the space (wiki)
- When do we need to have formed a structure / organization?
- David to write up a narrative on the space, permits, current status, etc.
- Outer bound for determining if we move into the Omni: 3 months from now
- We can begin to advertise the project - what info can we make public?
- Do we raise money as one single collective or as separate collectives?
- What types of fundraising efforts can we agree to pursue?
- Opening a Collective bank account? Who opens? Where?
- Do we need to incorporate? What about a fiscal sponsor?
- 39k to rent the space (first, last and deposit) w/ guarantors
- 65k to rent w/out guarantors
- Revenue source for purchasing space is off the table
- What is the messaging? Do we need multiple versions of messaging?
- Continuing Education vs. Community Center
- Applying for grants?
Structure for information transparency
- use mailing list to accumulate information on the project
- Who is allowed in the delegate meetings? In what capacity?
- How is power structured? How do we make decisions/ get things done?
Note taking in Meetings
- Refrain from identifying individuals by name in note taking
- Collectively compile agenda items and take meeting notes using
- an etherpad https://pad.riseup.net/p/omnidelegates
Agenda Items still to be Discussed
- How do facilitate meetings
- Paying the Lawyer (how do we split this up?)
- Does umbrella group want to incorporate?
- Collectives who are not represented - reach out
- Concrete next steps for moving in to space
- Seeking leadership from people of color
Action Items to be completed by next mtg
- Vision Statement / Value / How we envision the space being used
- Provisional timeline / next steps
- Budget and / or Revenue Model / Shared Resources
- Research on Organizations who could provide capital / guidance / counsel
- Research Incorporation for Collectives of Collectives
- Invite lawyer to next delegate meeting?