Event:2014/08/09 Challenging Dominant Cultures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
11:00am @ Arbor Cafe
- Safer space and conflict resolution policies
- Statement of solidarity
- Neighborhood outreach
- AORTA training and other capacity building resources
Proposed new language for ban reciprocity, to be voted on at delegates meeting (via yar):
- "If the Omni Oakland Collective (or any of its member collectives) bans or suspends a person from their space for reasons of safety, that person is immediately and automatically banned from the entire premises of the Omni Oakland Collective, including all on-premise areas of its member collectives, groups, tenants, subtenants, and common areas. All such bans are provisional until considered by the omni delegates at the soonest available meeting time. Banned people may seek mediation, conflict resolution, and to have their voice heard by the delegates."
- Note that although we don't yet have mediation or conflict resolution policy, we are working on drafting that as well, and hope that it's okay to provisionally refer to the spirit of those things in the meantime.
- We are going to ask delegates to vote on this tomorrow, so please talk to your member collectives and see if we're all able to consent. Thanks!