Event:2014/09/22 community and fundraising
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 7pm, Monday, 9/22 in the ballroom (or basement if necessary)
- meeting notes from 9/13
- meeting notes from 8/11
- what we're building on
- emerging concept
- communicates the long-term promise we see in Omni
- represents all of the contexts we come from and the transformations we're making
- focuses heavily on the tangible - "a communal space and venue"
- see notes from last meeting
- preliminary goal and deadline: $70k by Dec 12
- stretch goals of $88k, $111k
- note: depending on projections, it might be wise to start at lower goal
- emerging concept
- the following proposal consists of a schedule and a strategy going forward
- Sep 22: jump 1 -- getting pledges
- drafting lists of prospects
- asking people personally to pledge
- making estimates of money for Day 1
- Sep 29: jump 2 -- producing materials
- campaign page
- editorial calendar of emails, social media, etc
- Oct 10: donate page live (could be campaign "live" date but we need a video)
- Oct 16: video screening for feedback
- Nov 11: full public launch
- full calendar of events
- launch party?
- full press, media, and social media campaign
- Dec 12: victory!
2. Strategy going forward
- three parallel strategies:
- 1) organizing inner circle
- 2) reaching wider audience
- 3) hosting events and stunts
- group exercises:
- 1) setting the scope: assuming a 3% conversation rate and an avg. donation of $35, how many people do we need to reach our goal of $70,000?
- 2) drafting lists: take 15min to list individuals and organizations that might donate, noting why they might want to, how much $, and how likely
- top priorities across the 3 parallel strategies:
- coordinating Omni collectives
- enrolling campaign "host committee"
- soliciting high net-worth individuals
- leveraging press contacts
- leveraging local partners/org relationships
- hosting excellent events
- securing grants
- bottom-lining various priorities?
- weekly work and play?