Event:2014/09/23 Optikallusions Meeting
- Haylei: experienced the “people’s republic of portland” film collective, she likes their membership model which allows very low-budget productions. film she’s thinking about: “wes andersen films”
- (friend from france): filmmaker looking to get his hands in on a film project during the 3 months he is here. film he’s been thinking about: “dark city”
- JOE: trans-media. Joe does everything. A film he’s been thinking about: “Frank”
- pat xu: storyteller. comic book artist. documenting the omni. film: “Baron von munchausen”
- sarah: the film collective was SARAH’s idea. she is a writer. film she’s thinking about: “city of lost children.”
- Noemie: document hackerspaces and do a chronicle. film: “Hip Hop is bigger than the Occupation.”
- Liz: unfortunately went to film school and majored in editing (picture, sound, visual effects, motion graphics). assistant directing. LIz wants to do on set stuff. film she’s thinking about: “city of lost children.”
- elena: multi-media production student, taking a semester off. Helping produce an environmental documentary called “sacred land”. interested in fundraising videos (e.g. kickstarter) for social enterprises. film she’s been thinking about. “Boyhood.”
- Jesse clark: local oakland based filmmaker making documentary about the MESH.
Jared and jared and haley put together a network called village craft 1500 people in the bay focused on crafting, experiential learning for adults philosophy: anarchism/primitive-skills
Korl’s movie night
she needs a projector!! she needs to ask around. put her in touch with Jesse and Joe, who both might have projectors.
we have real need for a dedicated space in the OMNI, and it’s now or never. do financial breakdown, including charitable rate for fundraising video production. cultural production is directly in line with the OMNI mission. we need to create a free media, a culture free from the demands of capital and profit. It is vital for creating a free media beyond the demands of capital and profit. action items: sarah and elena and pat will hammer out pitch.
Joe's gonna build us a webpage
JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!! JOOOEOEEEEESS GOOOOANNNNAAA BUILLIILLD USUSSSS A WWEEEBBBPAPAPAAGEEE! JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!!JOE'S GONNA BUILD US A WEBPAGE!!! joe: will bring some design ideas jesse: will bring some logo ideas
Sarah's doing a screenplay writing workshop
monday or wednesday. action items: whoever is interested should email sarah on the list.
jesse's crew call
fiction. long takes, pretty simple. camera assist. someone to gaffe. 8-15 min run time.
We can have key people scripted, leading the camera to the space We're showing a place that is being built Create a work party.
reserve the date
writing: colloquial and casual
"i'm preparing the stove so we can serve food to everyone, for FREE!!!"
desolate urban landscape cardboard sign: "will work for the greater good."
"I'm hacking YEAST!! What are you doing??" "I'm preparing free food, for EVERYONE! Because there is plenty to go around!"