Jump to navigation Jump to search
Omni Building WG Monday February 15, 2016
- yar, robb
what has building wg accomplished in past 6 months?
- south wall is almost finished
- yar is so excited to move the bookshelves
- bathroom works
- panic bars
what work is currently in progress?
- still need a panic bar on one outer shattuck door
- mudding the lower south wall and painting both
- yar: any planned or scheduled times people can help doing that?
- no, it's too sensitive to schedule this. need availabilities to line up, need to not have fumes for big ballroom events
- robb will probably spackle tonight & tuesday, then we can paint on wednesday or thursday
- yar: how many person hours is spackling?
- robb: i can get a layer on in a few to 6 hours. usually takes me into middle of the night, ahrd to say
- electrical work on front door
- disability access depends on this
- permit expired - figure out what to do with that
- matt is talking to ryan g about this
- right now exit sign is same circuit as lights. do we need a new circuit? is conduit big enough? check the code? maybe run power off snack bar
what work needs to be done?
- acoustic tile in the basement
- west kitchen wall
- drywall in the wheelchair bathroom
- fire alarm bells - robb may have found a source
- roof - need fencing to keep birds from pooping inside
- passive air vent above la commune
- robb & gerald are gonna install a circuit from first ballroom truss to the stage, for lighting
- see what it would take to get a permit
- if we reopen it for the door anyway, then we could tack this on too
- lighting in the entrance hall
- just need to lay boards / metal braces, and acquire fixtures
- it has beams on the ceiling. you'd just need to tie those together. just put them vertically. a lot like the disco room
- disco room floor tiling
- painting high up in the entrance hall
- hang flags / cloth / banners in ballroom for acoustics
- yar: they should say black lives matter
- robb has a bunch of vinyl
- yar: this is a great job to give to a new volunteer
- robb: heavier the better
what do we need from new volunteers?
- spackling!!! (this week and next)
- rat abatement!
- we need to seal the damn walls
- east kitchen wall
- which is gonna take 2x4s
- furnace room
- smaller holes
- hallway by buried seeds
- upstairs kitchen underneath the counter
- to the right of downstairs pantry door in FNB kitchen
- yar: if we had people ready to go.... what steps?
- #1 buy 2x4s
- we probably have enough drywall, although we may need purpleboard
- fiberglass panels go over drywall on interior, it's instead of painting
- we can skip the fiberglass for now and hang plastic over - drywall will still be an improvement
- #1 buy 2x4s
- say we buy the 2x4s and purpleboard... then what?
- robb: probably wednesday or thursday, maybe friday... find out days they're not cooking
- how many hours would the whole project take? he's not sure. in the neighborhood of days, and that would be really powering through it.
- robb's working on automating all the lights in building