Event:2016/05/26 Commons

From Omni Commons
Revision as of 19:12, 12 December 2017 by Tunabananas (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Omni Commons Commons Working Group Meeting - Thursday 26 May 2016

Attendees

  • Jenny, Troy, Robb, Laura, Julio, Steve M, Dragon, Almaz, Anka, Theo

Steve: Poster for BAPS (5 minutes)

  • 30"x40" Poster, asked for feedback
  • All think it's fine if it is put up

Troy: Setting up the Library (5 minutes)

  • Needs lights. There are lights. Jenny will move stuff around for an event
  • Further discussion deferred to next meeting June 9

Upcoming in May (15 minutes)

Event Requests

  • Fri May 27 - Mon May 30 - Ballroom - Mandinga Batizado and Women's Event
    • Alignment: ?
    • Offering: $1500
    • Attendance: 100
    • Admission: $10
    • Point Person: Laura? Jenny / Robb / Anka
    • A/V: ?
    • Status:
      • 3/30: Laura following up on logistics
      • 4/14: Laura will sign contract with them etc. Friday - Laura, Almaz
      • Saturday after 6pm
      • Saturday day - Jenny
      • Sunday day - Jenny anka
      • Sunday eve - Laura
      • 4/28: Contract signed and paid in full. Getting an ABC one day alcohol request. John needs to sign. Will give form to DK to bring to John on Monday
      • 5/26: Happening, may also want disco room on saturday
  • Tue May 27 (6-10p) - Disco Room - Community Connect: Networking for a sustainable life
    • Alignment: Maybe
    • Offering: $40 + 25% of funds collected after expenses
    • Attendance: 10-50
    • Admission: $10 NOTAFLOF
    • Point Person: Jenny / Almaz/ Robb
    • A/V:
    • Status:
      • 4/14: Jenny and new volunteer Almaz will contact and PP
      • 4/28: Change of date, from May 3 to May 27. Also changed from Basement to Disco Room.
      • 5/12: https://www.facebook.com/events/1630067020649202/ Should we Publish the request?
      • 5/22: Robb: Alice stopped by asking about event. communication breakdown?
      • 5/26: Robb up a contract with them. Jenny will do a presentation, get them to sign the contract, and will collect the money.
  • Sat June 11 (2-6pm) Disco Room - Community Connect
    • Alignment: Maybe
    • Offering: $40 at least
    • Attendance: 40
    • Admission: $10
    • Point Person: Jenny
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 5/12: Submitted on time.
      • 5/26: Jenny will follow-up with Patricia at the May 27 event.
  • Sat May 28 (6p-11p) - Entrance Hall and Disco Room - Copa Comunidad Workshop and Party
    • Alignment: Yes. Left Wing Soccer
    • Offering: $200
    • Attendance: 75-90
    • Admission: 0
    • Point Person: Jenny / Julio / Robb
    • A/V:
    • Status:
      • 4/14: Julio could help with this if it works. Jenny approved the event and replied on 4/19
      • 4/28: Jenny will follow-up and cc: Julio. Propose to meet
      • Left Wing chapters sharing about their political work they're involved in outside of soccer.Anticapitalist soccer! Competitive but not aggressive Promoting a more collaborative way of playing.Play on Sundays, 10am at San Pablo park. Workshop time, then party, then possibly watching the Warriors play ^_^. Max 70 people at one time. Not promoting it publicly, BYOB but not serving, will have a reservation list. Interested in projector, screen, microphone. May have DJs. Will check people at the Disco Room door
      • 5/4: Sent contract and invoice for $200, put them in touch with Robb re: A/V and sent link to theeventhelper.com
      • 5/12: Have signed contract and invoice paid in full
      • 5/26: Conflict with THE EAST (BAPS event), but worked out over email with Steve M, both sides cooperative.
  • Mon May 30 (6p-8p) - Basement Library - Land Action General Meeting
    • Alignment: Yes. Housing Justice.
    • Offering: ?
    • Attendance: 10-15
    • Admission: 0
    • Point Person: Jenny
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 5/26: They've already been meeting the past two Mondays. Jenny will ask them if they are able to contribute financially, or by helping stock facilities.

June Requests (30 minutes)

Event Requests

  • Recurring (May 2016-May 2017) - - Ballroom? - Open Exercise Group
    • Alignment: Yes. sudo member?
    • Attendance: 5
    • Admission: $0
    • Offering: $0
    • Point Person: Julio / Dragon
    • A/V: no
    • Alcohol: no
    • Status:
      • 5/26: Julio reached out to Syd.
  • Thu Jun 2- Sun Jun 5 (8-9p) - Disco Room - glam rock modern dance run
    • Alignment: Yes. Related to Salta
    • Attendance: 25-50
    • Admission: $5-10
    • Offering: a percentage
    • Point Person: Laura
    • A/V:
    • Status: Open to any time around May 31.
      • 4/28: Laura will PP
      • 5/3 Laura called and left a msg for Sam
      • 5/26: Found another space - deleted
  • Sat Jun 4 (7am-10pm) - Ballroom - Party
    • PP: everyone
  • Sat June 4 (8pm-1am) - Ballroom - SMiLE! Presents ...
  • Alignment: TBD
    • Attendance: ?
    • Admission: $8?
    • Offering: a fair door cut?
    • A/V: Yes (amplified sound)
    • Alcohol: No
    • PP: ?
    • Status:
      • 5/21: Received Late
      • 5/26: Conflict with Private Event in Ballroom. Dragon will reach out.
  • Thu Jun 9 & Sun Jun 12 (8-10pm) - Ballroom - Bonfire Makers WE GO BOOM
    • Alignment: Yes. social justice oriented theater collective
    • Attendance: 100
    • Admission: $10-15
    • Offering: Negotiable
    • Point Person: 60/40
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/14: Jenny will contact
      • 4/28: Jenny contacted 4/28
      • 5/12: Laura followed up, working out $$
      • 5/16: signed contract for 6/3, 6/9 and 6/12 performances
      • 5/26: June 3 cancelled. Manually entered into calendar.
  • Thu June 9 and 23 (6:30pm-7:30pm) - Upstairs Den - Read Between the Wines June 9 and Read Between the Wines June 23
    • Alignment: ?
    • Attendance: 10-20
    • Admission: $5
    • Offering: $25
    • Point Person: Julio
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: Serve wine? Might qualify as private event.
    • Status: Bi-Monthly Book club with wine drinking
      • 4/28: If it's private event and they're not selling, it's okay. Ask them to check off RSVPs from meetup. Should use the Disco Room (enclosed space/private).
    • 5/26: Julio reached out.
  • Fri Jun 10 - Basement, Entrance Hall (6pm- 12am) - Artist Open Door
    • Alignment: ?
    • Attendance: 75-125
    • Admission: $5.00 before 10pm and $10.00 after 10pm.
    • Offering: $1000 if alcohol approved, if $700 if not
    • PP: Almaz/ Laura
    • Alcohol: Almaz will confirm they don't want alcohol
    • Status:
      • 5/12: Robb reached out and this is what they said: "We we're hoping to use the entrance hall for the at gallery and the ballroom( the large room with the stage and bar) We are interested in seeing the basement as well and possibly including it for our show. "
      • 5/16 Laura: I spoke with RObb. Organizers of this event are flexible about space. Willing to use entrance halll and basement, leaving ballroom free for Bonfiremakers show.
      • 5/26: Laura helping Almaz with insurance and ABC license matters.
  • Sat Jun 11 (12pm-11:30pm) - Ballroom - Theater, Art, Music Community Building (Matt B event)
  • Sat Jun 25 (all day) - Ballroom - Mountain Turns Golden (Matt B event)
    • Alignment: ?
    • Attendance: 100 Max
    • Admission:
    • Offering: share of door?
    • Point Person: Matt B
    • Alcohol: No
    • A/V: No
    • Status:
    • PP: Robb/Matt B
      • 4/28: Matt will put in the requests for the two days. Event submitted. Will decide the second week of May.
      • 5/12: Robb will ask about what he is offering.
      • 5/16: robb - Matt is offering 20% of the door
      • 5/26: Robb sent Matt an email sent requesting contract
  • Sun Jun 19 (6:30pm-10:30pm) - Ballroom - Lexxx Presents #8 LIVE at Omni Commons
    • Alignment: Yes? aspiring member collective
    • Attendance: 50-80
    • Admission: $5-8 NOTAFLOF
    • Offering: 50/50
    • Point Person: Theo, Anka, Dragon (not Vanessa)
    • A/V: Contact
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/14: Theo and vanessa will communicate with Lex about helping w event and get back to laura about signing contract
      • 4/28: Vanessa contacted Lexxx. Laura will help with contract and invoicing.
      • 5/26: Laura will contact Theo about contract and invoicing. Anka, Theo and Dragon will be here day of.

Done

Event Requests

Recurring Events (10 minutes)

Event Requests

  • Sun May 22 (10pm?) - Ticket Booth Room? - Uniquely Yours - Creative Writing Workshop
    • Alignment: Yes. Formerly at RPS
    • Offering: 40%
    • Attendance: 10-20
    • Admission: $1-25
    • Point Person: Jenny
    • A/V: ?
    • Alcohol: no
    • Status:
      • 4/28: Jenny reached out.
      • 5/4: Happening every 4th Sunday in the Disco Room, $20/hr for 3 hours or 40%, whichever is higher. To be reviewed in July! Contract sent, no invoice yet.
      • 5/26: Contract signed. They will pay $60 on Monday. On the calendar. Robb let them in. They were appalled about the bathroom and the kitchen.
  • Weeknights in May - Disco Room - DeeBeat Workout
    • Fitness class
    • Alignment: Probably
    • Offering: $20 per class
    • Admission: `$10 suggested donation/sliding scale
    • Attendance: 10-15
    • A/V: Robb in dialogue
    • Point Person: Robb/Julio
    • Status:
      • 4/4: Julio and Robb met Kari to talk about details and check out spaces. Disco Room and MPM Space are preferred. Kari is looking into insurance options.
      • 4/14: Robb wrote a contract with Kari. She has sgreeed to give us 30 days notice for any class she wont be having or she will be invoiced
      • 4/28: She's checking on insurance and will get it; Julio will invoice Kari for $60 for 3 weekly classes in May.
      • 5/26: May invoice paid. Julio asked Robb/Kari if classes will continue in June.
  • Mondays (1st and 3rd) 6-8pm - Upstairs Den - Biweekly AEMP Meeting
    • Alignment: Yes, Anti-Eviction Mapping Project
    • Offering: $5 per meeting
    • Admission: free
    • Attendance: 12
    • A/V: no
    • Point Person: Julio
    • Status:
      • 4/13: Julio will draft a contract and invoice. Will need folks to open door first few times.
      • 4/28: Julio will facilitate getting them a key card once they sign a contract and pay the invoice.
      • 5/26: Julio to meet with Erin

Post-June Requests (30 minutes)

Event Requests

  • Sat July 23 (8am-10pm +2 hours setup Friday) - Ballroom, Entrance Hall, Disco Room, Basement Hall - Hackathon
    • Alignment: ?
    • Attendance: 400 + 3-4 breakout rooms
    • Admission: Free
    • Offering: $3000-5000
    • Point Person: Jenny?
    • A/V:A/V Equipment, Power Cords, Projectors, WiFi, Tables, Chairs
    • Status: a lot of money, and probably a lot of work. Conflict with "Private Party".
      • 4/28: Private Party takes precedence. Maureen will tell the Hackathon folks they can't do it that weekend.
      • 5/12: Asked Maureen last week if she'd followed up, no response. Jenny followed up yesterday asking if they were still interested in hosting a hackathon at omni.
      • 5/17: Jenny got details and thinks it's beyond our current capacity
      • 5/26: Might be hard to coordinate to ensure we keep people in the right spaces, might need to setup video. We have 5+ projectors available in the building. Jenny may not be here. We should have a meeting if Jenny cannot be here.
  • Sun Jul 24 (2pm-10pm) - Ballroom - Safe Space All Ages Show
    • Alignment: yes?
    • Attendance: 120
    • Admission: $5
    • Offering: ?
    • Point Person: Theo, Robb, Anka, Dragon, Laura for logistics (not Vanessa)
    • A/V: ?
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/28: Laura will work with them to draft a contract.
      • 5/26: Theo needs help with coordinating sound. Robb and Anka available. Almaz and Dragon want to be involved. Coordinating offline.
  • Mon, Tue, Thu Aug 8, 9, 11 (6pm-8pm) - Disco Room - [https:// The Practice Writing Workshop]
    • Alignment: Sorta. Collaborative. Free.
    • Offering: $12/hr = $72 total
    • Attendance: 12 max
    • Admission: $0
    • Point Person: Julio
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 5/2: Julio had a conversation with Jamie, and she's happy with the Disco Room.
      • 5/26: People okay with idea.
  • Wed Aug 24 (6-8:30pm) - Entrance Hall - Dis/location (working title)
    • Alignment: Yes. Neighbor. Supporter.
    • Attendance: 35-55
    • Admission: ~$10
    • Offering: ~$75/hr
    • Point Person: ?
    • A/V: ?
    • Alcohol: Serving?
    • Status:
      • 2/11: Submitted very early. Looking for price estimate.
      • 4//28: Laura will check in. Laura already had a conversation with them months ago,
  • Thu-Sat Aug 25-28 (9am-6:30pm) - Disco Room - Somatics & Trauma Advanced Training Course
    • Alignment: Yes. Social justice oriented training on generative somatics
    • Attendance: 40
    • Admission: $1000 (private training)
    • Offering: $400-500 per day
    • Point Person: Robb/Julio?
    • A/V: ?
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/28: Robb will contact them.
      • 5/26: Robb contacted them.
  • Sat Sep 3 (8am-6pm) - Ballroom - IWW Delegate Convention
    • Alignment: Yes.
    • Attendance: 100
    • Admission: $25
    • Offering: $1000
    • Point Person: Laura
    • A/V: ?
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/15: Laura contacted Kevin. Kevin responded 4/24
      • 4//28:Laura will follow up to sign contract
  • Sat Apr 22 2017 (8-10pm) - Ballroom - Wiener Kids 10th Anniversary Show
    • Alignment: Yes? Volunteers for Active Music Series?
    • Attendance: 100
    • Admission: $15-20
    • Offering: $300-400
    • Point Person:
    • A/V: No
    • Alcohol: No
    • Status:
      • 4/28:


Previously

End of Meeting