Event:2016/11/10 Communications

From Omni Commons
Revision as of 15:02, 12 November 2016 by Dkeenan (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

10 November 2016

Meeting to discuss how Omni can provide resources for activist work

attendees

Niki, DK, Julian, Lauren M, Jenny, Robb, Daniel

1st Organize mtg whiteboard notes - Weds Nov 10 2016

Material Resources

  • Xerox machines / flyer making resources
  • Banner / sign making supplies
    • Can we get the offset press working? Can we find someone who can show us how to use it?
  • Set up designated space for production
  • Space for self care / post action debrief / wellness / break room (den maybe?)
  • mobile mesh node?
  • drone?
  • activist storage closet
    • livestream backpack set-up (locked)
    • generators, bullhorns, flipcams, first aid supplies, etc;

Workshops/ Classes

  • Direct Action training / tactics
  • Screenprinting
  • Sign making
  • BAPS class on Community / Organizing
  • Cryptoparties

Panels

  • Anarchist productions to stream panels / workshops (Robb)
  • Resistance info & tactics panel (Joanna)

Funds

  • Oaklandish Innovator Grant

Communications

  • Flyer for groups who want to organize in the space
    • Create another group to handle influx of requests
    • We should just put our efforts into the existing infrastructure rather than creating another group
  • Regular Community dinners / meals
  • organize@omnicommons.org now redirects to the 'organize' mailing list: https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/organize
  • set up a site at omnicommons.org/organize

Needs

  • People to run workshop days
  • People to help organize panels
  • People to steward space

Space

  • Pop-up break room in the Den
  • Semi-permanent banner-making area in the basement

Flyer

  • Front side: "FUCK TRUMP" AIN'T ENUF
  • Back side: Omni logo & address at the top
  • space and resources for community organizing
  • space * resources * collaborators
  • organize@omnicommons.org
  • omnicommons.org/organize

Action Items

  • Lauren: self-care space idea with niki
  • Julian: incandescent poetic ideation in service of the cause
  • Daniel: distro flyers, class proposal for photojournalism
  • David: repro quarter-sheet; book d.a. workshop, boilerplate response text for requesters - drop off flyers six pm, community dinner/potluck stuff
  • Niki: Reading Rhizome class proposal, drsawing the quarter-sheet
  • Jenny: web stuff
  • Robb: fridays -- idea for recurring event for 'speak outs' 'common mic' - in tandem with robbs friday thing
  • joanna: panel discussion event (email)

Next Meeting

Wednesday, November 16 @ 6:30pm