Jump to navigation Jump to search
Omni Kitchen Meeting - 13 April 2019
previous meeting: https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2019/04/06_Kitchen_Meeting
- yar, toan, phil, laura
- phil is still working on taking stove apart. yar got wd-40 to get rusted bolts out.
- toan & yar are biased towards epoxy
- ceramic tiles can be less slippery (for accessibility)
- dk says most kitchens just put mats down for slip resistance
- we're a long way from ADA in this kitchen cuz you'd need special appliances
- toan is bringing someone in who's a flooring expert. yar wants to be there also.
- we're doing a similar thing in sudoroom this summer
- we should get exact square footage of planned kitchen
- if it's tile we need professionals. also needs more maintenance
- phil says tile is more standard for kitchens
- dk says quarry tile would be cheapest. commonly 6x6 terra cotta color. HArder to install in commerical kitchen becasue hardest grout must be used.
- where to buy the goop? sika? Apparently, epoxy must be installed by a certified epoxy applier.
- if tile, get an opinion about how to prep existing surface. might be greasy. curb under stove also needs to come out. existing red paint is not adhering well.
- do we need any more floor drains? Jim will know
- Laura's still trying to find an electrician to come look at the panel. Emailed Ken's electrician friend to schedule a visit. Also has idientified a women owned electrical company to contact.
- dk says it's split phase, 200-300amps
- it's free to get construction quotes from pg&e?
- call their new construction department, will get you a human being
- ask them what's our max draw right now
- also about solar panels
- Yar climbed up to take this picture: https://omnicommons.org/wiki/File:Roof-fan.jpg
- dunno how to tell if it's explosive. laura is researching
- Model is "ALDP"
- another angle https://omnicommons.org/wiki/File:Roof-fan2.jpg
- plot twist: it was the wrong fan! yar will go back up today
- dk tried really hard w/antonio (health dept) to not have a hood at tamarack. but they required him to have a hood. even with induction to boil water, antonio still wanted a type 1 hood.
- makeup air still an issue
so much to ask when he gets here
- window replacement quotes? dk's people flaked. now we need new people.
- met with jim? Jim has budgeted time and is willing to do it but he went on vacation and hasn't written the proposal. We need to nudge him.
- what is an explosive fan? Needed becasue stove/oven cleaners are potentially inflammabel/explosive
- It's not required to have a bathroom on the same floor as the kitchen. Would be nice in the future.
- does ed roberts campus have a kitchen? how do they do accessibilty? yar will find out
- yar will look at stove exhaust fan on the roof
- Quote on rehabbing the walk-in? later...
- toan will meet with the floor person
- phil's still taking stove apart. will also pressure FNB to get rid of stuff in there.
- laura's still looking for an electrician
- david will keep looking for window & glass people. will also try to find a concrete resurfacing quote.
- david will also dig up old PG&E customer connections account and share it with us
- still waiting on joe about gas capacity
- dk says there's a 1/2 inch gas pipe
- next meeting on 4/27
- think about load-in / load-out windows and/or dumbwaiter