Difference between revisions of "Event:2019/10/14 Commons"
(Created page with "'''Omni Commons Commons Working Group Meeting - Monday 14 October 2019''' For information about our booking / calendar systems, point person guide, rental policies and cleani...")
Revision as of 21:27, 16 October 2019
Omni Commons Commons Working Group Meeting - Monday 14 October 2019
For information about our booking / calendar systems, point person guide, rental policies and cleaning guides, waivers and contracts, and mailing list, please visit https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Commons_Working_Group
POINT PEOPLE: Remember to follow up with event requesters asap after the meeting, create and sign a contract, create and send an invoice, procure a copy of insurance (if req'd), publish events you're PP'ing to the calendar, and coordinate A/V and setup for day of event (if req'd).
Robb, Rayc, Joe, Silver, Jenny, Lukas, Roberto
- Copy and paste from https://omnicommons.org/calendar/pending
- Oct Tue 15 2019 - branch - Kids Room, Oakland CA : Silver will reply back to let them know that the date is taken and perhaps look at other dates
- Oct Fri 18 2019 - Oct Sat 19 2019 - 5 - 10 pm - Omni/Avenue Haunted House - Basement Hall: Not happeining
- Oct Sat 19 2019 - Oct Sun 20 2019 - 9am - 5pm -Warren Weekend - Ballroom: Jenny has been in contact ar ein the process of getting contract solidified and signed. Robb looked into quotes for tables. Jenny sent them the rental quote and asked them to make the arrangements. They have to move tables into entrance hall at the end of the event in contract. No need for insurance. Help for this event will be great. Silver and Roberto will be there.
- Oct Sat 19 2019 - Oct Sun 20 2019 - 12pm - am - dress' 65th Birthday Party - Ballroom, Oakland California : Joe will check with event planner that will need for catering. They are having trouble finding MJ insurance. It is a private event and ask for PW at door, but not sure if it is the correct way to do it. It cannot go without event insurance - Joe will follow up. Robb has been in contact about AV, they are doing a test run on Friday.
- Oct Thu 24 2019 - 7-9pm - Saying Yes - Disco Room, Oakland CA: Roberto in contact
- Oct Fri 25 2019 - 6-9:30pm - BASTARD Series - October - Ballroom: Roberto Martinez in contact will write up ciontract but Silver will be on site as PP.
- Oct Sat 26 2019 - Oct Sun 27 2019 - 1-3 pm - post-ISO meeting Upstairs Den: Roberto Martinez in contact.
- Nov Sun 3 2019 - 1-5pm - Somatic Movement Workshop - Disco Room - Joe, : Joe is in contact. Waiitng for her to decide on date.
- Nov Sat 9 2019 - Nov Sun 10 2019 - 12:00 am - On the Fence - Entrance Hall - Friends of Lukas. Conflicts perhaps with SPAZ (maybe synergy) but may conflict with Liberated Lens. Create
- Nov Sat 9 2019 - Nov Sun 10 2019 - 12:00 am - S.P.A.Z. Chromozone Classic - Basement Hall - SPAZ may be able to change the date as it conflicts with LIberated Lens. Fundraiser for poeple park COmmitteee. Maybe combining all events on Nov 9th. Jenny talking to Filmmaker of Liberated Lens flim. SPAZ will get ABC permit? LUCAS will contact SKAST kids to paint over graffitti around buidling. - Lukas and ROberto to do reserach and figure out legalities about membership. Thursday will meet with David K about
- Nov Sat 9 2019 - 10am-4pm - A Day of Classes: All About Socialism - Ballroom - joe is in contact all - Contracts signed and Invoice paid
- Dec Fri 6 2019 - 6-9:45pm - From Democracy to Freedom - Ballroom - Robb is in contact
- Dec Sat 7 2019 - 0:00 am - 10th Annual East Bay Alternative Book & Zine Fest - Ballroom - Joe is in contact
- Dec Sat 7 2019 - 3-11:30 pm - Steinyvision party - Ballroom - Joe in contact. Playing cat and mouse.
- Dec Mon 9 2019 - 6-10 pm - The Last Second Mondays - Ballroom - Roberto In COntact
- Dec Sat 14 2019 - 12:00 am - The Queer Choir Winter Recital - Ballroom - Lukas will contact them. Discussion about making Omnni financially accessible, Jenny will draft up a proposial about Omni sponsoring events
- Dec Sat 14 2019 - 10am - 6pm - Winter Solstice Unconference - Ballroom - Joe took care of that
- Feb Fri 7 2020 - Feb Sun 9 2020 - 12:00 am - & All That Jazz - Ballroom -
- Feb Sat 15 2020 - 7:30-11:30pm - (working title) Love Day - Ballroom -
- Mar Sat 28 2020 - All Day - Puzzle Room; The Heist! - Ballroom -
- Apr Sat 25 2020 - 8am-7pm - 24th Bay Area Anarchist Book Fair - Ballroom -
- May Wed 20 2020 - May Tue 26 2020 - 10am-5pm - Tuning 4 Armageddon - Ballroom -
- Jun Mon 15 2020 - Jun Fri 26 2020 - All Day - Reel Stories Boot Camp - Ballroom -
- Jun Fri 19 2020 - Jun Sun 21 2020 - 8:45am - 8:45pm - EnCorps STEM Teachers Annual Summer Residential Institute - Ballroom
- Long discussion re: reqs for late-night private events
- Change meeting time to 5:30 - consenso'd
- Draft proposal to delegates for Omni's Commons WG sponsorship of certain kinds of event proposals - Jenny - here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYADWgpwjD9vb3q2ixu5oehbOBp7lk6Lu5IY00fOl_U/edit#
End of Meeting
- please archive these meeting notes by copying them onto the omni wiki at https://omnicommons.org/wiki
- then please cut & paste a blank template from here: https://omnicommons.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Commons_Meeting_Notes_Template&action=edit
- previous notes are archived here: https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Commons_Working_Group#Meeting_Minutes_Archive