Difference between revisions of "Event:2020/04/16 Delegates Meeting"

From Omni Commons
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with " Omni Delegates' Meeting - April 16 2020 7pm-9pm for instructions on preparing and archiving these notes, please see the bottom === Agenda === * Introductions [15 minutes]...")
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 21:37, 23 April 2020

 Omni Delegates' Meeting - April 16 2020 7pm-9pm

for instructions on preparing and archiving these notes, please see the bottom

Agenda

  • Introductions [15 minutes]
    • Meeting Roles
    • Delegates Count
    • Access Check-in
  • Check-ins, Updates & Report-Backs [30 minutes]
    • Brief Announcements
    • Working Groups
    • Member Collectives
    • Conflicts, Mediation & Safe Space
  • Proposals & Discussions

Introductions

Introduce yourself: Name; Preferred Pronoun; Affiliation; any brief announcements; say whether you're a delegate; let us know about any access needs you have†

  • WHY DO WE ASK PRONOUNS? To make space for people who are trans, nonbinary, gender noncomforming or otherwise vulnerable to being misgendered. It's not an invitation to make jokes or trivialize the idea of pronouns. If you are fine with the gender and pronouns society generally assigns to you, please just say what they are without fanfare or embellishment. Conversely, please don't pressure anybody to give their pronouns, as that can harm trans people who are closeted or questioning. The point is to prompt and normalize asking, but not to mandate or enforce. Thank you! <3 Yar
  • Robb - he/him - liblens
  • Patrik - he/him - CCL
  • Jenny - she/her - sudo
  • Jane - she/her - GWS
  • Helen - she/her - FNB
  • Yar she/her - sudo
  • John - he/him - GWS
  • MaryAnn - she/her -

Access Check In

Is everybody able to participate fully in this meeting? Do people have unmet needs or concerns?

Meeting Roles

  • Facilitator/s: Robb
  • Explanation of hand signals: "deaf applause", "raised hand", "point of process", "direct response"(wildcard), etc.
  • Stacktaker:
  • Timekeeper:
  • Notetaker/s: Jenny
  • Vibe Reader:
  • Who will out next meeting's agenda beforehand:
  • Next meeting's facilitator(s): Elections meeting -

Delegates

  • CCL: Patrik
  • CSC: MaryAnn
  • FNB: Helen
  • FYE: N/A
  • GWS: Jane
  • LL: Robb
  • Phat Beets: Inactive
  • Sudo: Jenny
  • Quorum: 6/7 (PB currently inactive) - yes!

Brief Announcements

  • City of oakland has testing site for first responders, incl folks doing supply distributions - contact Jenny for info
    • SF General is doing free testing w/ 24-hour turnaround
  • Jane: Been attending the car demos - 1 for housing justice, 1 for Santa Rita support, another driving around the county buildings and Intl Blvd today, very exciting
  • Patrik: One of our 3D printers disappeared during the distro on Sunday. Ramy has more info but was helping with the distro. May have had a look at the person
    • Robb: Other than this, seemed to go really well on Sunday - used the ballroom to distro

Working Group Report-Backs

Building & permits

  • Meetings: only the kitchen group meets regularly, new times tbd
  • https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/building
  • Patrik: Keycard access process for collectives?
    • Helen: just asked FNB who needs it - we have more access needs right now though than other collectives
    • Chiapas office is closed
    • GWS would like continued access for Jane, Rachel, & John
    • Yar: can't we just use the honor system?
    • Jenny: who's still around really, hanging out?
      • AB, Robb, Silver, Ian, Tom (FNB)
  • Jenny: Sanitizer orders failed, however coworker yesterday said Walgreens was restocked on Isopropyl - check the Walgreens near Omni? Also, Robb could you take on changing door lock? Will forward cash via Paypal
  • Yar: Did we have a formal consensus process on the keycard change?
    • Robb: Don't think so, general consensus reached
      • Helen: Have not heard any objections
        • Patrik: Also need a list of people who need a new hard key - CCL needs in case power goes out (to rescue our freezers by tossing dry ice in them)
  • to request access https://form s.gle/PH9rUTXJ1HXLn3xL8
  • YAR HAS RESTRICTED THE KEY CARD COMPUTER. THESE PEOPLE NOW HAVE KEY CARDS AND NOBODY ELSE:
    • CCL: patrik, ken, ramy
    • FNB: alex, nancy, judith, helen
    • FYE: asaad
    • GWS: rachel, john
    • LL: anka
    • SUDO: yar, sierk, silver
    • VILLAGE: katrin, needa, T
  • physical key: robb will switch out, jenny will paypal cash, make at least a key for fnb & ccl

Commons

  • Meetings: 2nd & 4th Mondays at 5:30pm
  • https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/booking
  • NORJC / CR / OMNI distro went really well on Sunday, only problem to improve on was flow to the entrance. Workers well-spaced, good distance but need to declutter the entrance hall
  • Please add your virtual events and meetings to Omni's calendar! Send event requests through https://omnicommons.org/occupy as always :)

Communications

  • We're rebooting the newsletter - contact Roberto or Jenny. Also want to revive the communications mailing list - please join if you're interested at https://lists.omnicommons.org/listinfo/comms
  • Roberto will be sending out a request for collectives to share what they're up to this weekend
  • Also would like to update the website with an announcement and links to our Slack (realtime text chat @ https://omnicommons.slack.com ) and Jitsi (videochat @ https://omnicommons.live ) instances.

Finance & Fundraising

  • 6 month reduction? or freeze? on mortgage
    • 100% reduction better than 50%
    • jane: 50% reduction would still have to pay the full amount - will still owe more at the end of the time period
    • Would probably also be good to extend the date of the balloon payment (currently Jan 2022)

Fundraising?

  • Mary Ann: Confused about who's setting up the meetings and if they're taking place alongside Finance. Matt has somewhat disappeared. Jane and I were working on that with him - would like to continue working on it.
  • Ongoing synchronous chat https://omnicommons.slack.com
  • Should we combine Fundraising and Finance?

Switch to 2pm Mondays - Jenny send out invites w/ Omni Jitsi link

Member Collective Updates

What is going on with your collective? What are you working on? What have you accomplished? Any events coming up? Any difficulties you are encountering that you need help with?

CCL

  • Nothing in particular, pretty much closed down. Figuring out where to send supplies that we still have. Making sure to keep some for distros out of Omni. Might try some experiments w/ making hand sanitizer - can add glycerol - would be good to
  • Patrik tells us how to combine isopropyl alcohol w/xantham gum. Most recipes for hand sanitizers start with 90+% alcohol, and bring it down to 70%. We may be able to take our gallons of 70% isopropanol, add a tiny % xanthan gum to gel, and a small % of glycerol for skin health, and still say above the required 60% concentration. May take some experimentation to check if you can gel 70% isopropanol by adding xanthan to it directly.
  • h2o2 (h peroxide) will kill virus just as well but also will bleach surfaces worse than bleach.
  • alcohol for skin, bleach or detergent for other stuff

CSC

  • Mary Ann: Waffles & Zapatismo going online - starting to gather media content. Meeting 1x/wk on Wednesdays to plan. Figure it's going to be a long time before people are going to be comfortable with group meetings & events

FNB

  • Helen: We've lost some people to sickness, a little bit stretched and thinking of cutting back a bit. Already had to cut one serving last week.
    • lost = they're isolating, not they died
  • Lots of people showing up to help, which is great - but still stretched

FYE

GWS

  • Nothing this past week, but still having Zoom meetings on Sundays - next one is the 26th @ 10
  • Coordinating w/ Poor Peoples Campaign

LL

  • Robb: Had a video editing workshop online. It was a terrible, miserable experience. They wanted to move to Zoom - posted the link in FB and we got bombed by script kitty/trumpsters >_<
    • Patrik: also have a zoom link publicly shared - can turn off screen sharing and turn on for indiv participants. can also lock a mtg and kick people out if ur the host
      • Robb: Annotations that got us
        • Patrik: Want to prohibit file-sharing and things like that - lots of documentation online

Phat Beets

Sudo

Conflicts, Mediation & Safe Space

  • Updates for any ongoing issues
  • Has anybody been asked to leave? asked to leave
  • Issue w/ public conflict in the bldg last night - Robb & Jenny will talk offline

Proposals

Officers

  • Yar: sorry I've been absent lately, but how does voting happen here? Is it 1-delegate-1-vote?
  • Jenny: we decided on open vote last week
  • Jenny: Robb would you still be willing to be treasurer?
  • Jenny decided to withdraw her candidacy as Treasurer; Robb decided to switch from running for Secretary to Treasurer; will send updated statement to MaryAnn. Bit unorthodox to make changes in list of candidates this late in the process, but nobody had objections.

Sudo Mesh Membership Application

  • Yar loves sudo mesh but is a bit concerned about having two member collectives with very similar names, not just because of the optics but because they forked from each other, and it's important for omni to have many "pillars" ie different social groups with varied roots. Would not block membership based on this, but would ideally like to see it complemented with new outreach to other groups to create a better balance. Adding this group will be great but we still need to do better at welcoming more groups.
  • Jenny: maybe sudo room should become a project of sudo mesh instead?
  • Patrik: overlap in name came up as confusing in CCL discussions as well.
  • Jenny: only Marc, Jenny, Lesley overlap with Sudo Room - many more non sudo room. Use Loomio for decision making. Some of most active members: Mai, Benny, Seth ...
  • Patrik: CCL requests not to take a vote today, since we have not had a full week to discuss the revised proposal
  • all: agreed to postpone vote until next week
  • Mai (remote): I'm sorry for missing tonight's meeting! I thought the vote was next week and needed to miss tonight for mental health reasons. I'd be happy to discuss this further at next week's meeting.

Questions?

Action Items

  • Jenny send Paypal $$ to Robb
  • Robb change locks by next mtg
  • Jenny send announce of Finance/Fundraising mtg to Jane, MaryAnn & lists
  • MaryAnn to send updated candidates list to consensus

Recent Meeting Notes

https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/04/09_Delegates https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/04/02_Delegates https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/03/26_Delegates https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/03/19_Delegates https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/03/05_Delegates_meeting https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/02/20_Delegates_meeting https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/02/13_Delegates_meeting https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/01/16_Delegates https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Event:2020/01/02_Delegates

End of Meeting