Omni Delegates' Meeting - Thursday September 17th, 2020 7pm-9pm
1. Joining info:
- First Thursdays: https://meet.google.com/rwn-evqu-dpw
- Join by phone: +1 585-340-7889 PIN: 920 569 482#
- Third Thursdays: https://meet.google.com/eyx-mhxd-iig
- Join by phone: +1 484-854-3287 PIN: 724 863 905#
2. URL of these notes: https://omnicommons.org/notes
3. Please add items to the agenda below and send any proposals to email@example.com prior to the meeting
4. For instructions on preparing and archiving these notes, please see the bottom.
- Introductions [15 minutes]
- Meeting Roles
- Delegates Count
- Access Check-in
- Check-ins, Updates & Report-Backs [30 minutes]
- Brief Announcements
- Working Groups
- Member Collectives
- Conflicts, Mediation & Safe Space
- Proposals & Discussions
Introduce yourself: Name; Preferred Pronoun; Affiliation; any brief announcements; say whether you're a delegate; let us know about any access needs you have†
- WHY DO WE ASK PRONOUNS? To make space for people who are trans, nonbinary, gender noncomforming or otherwise vulnerable to being misgendered. It's not an invitation to make jokes or trivialize the idea of pronouns. If you are fine with the gender and pronouns society generally assigns to you, please just say what they are without fanfare or embellishment. Conversely, please don't pressure anybody to give their pronouns, as that can harm trans people who are closeted or questioning. The point is to prompt and normalize asking, but not to mandate or enforce. Thank you! <3 Yar
- Mai Sudomesh she/her/they, confusion about meeting link is an access need, should resolve that
- Yar sudoroom she/her
- MaryAnn Chiapas she/her
- Dan LIberated Lens he/him
- Michael CCL he/him
- Jenny is on another call
- Kelly ANV she/her, question about door
- Jane GWS she/her
Access Check In
Is everybody able to participate fully in this meeting? Do people have unmet needs or concerns?
- Facilitator/s: Mai
- Explanation of hand signals: "deaf applause", "raised hand", "point of process", "direct response"(wildcard), etc.
- Timekeeper: Dan
- Notetaker/s: Yar
- URL of this pad: https://pad.riseup.net/p/omninom
- Vibe Reader:
- Who will out next meeting's agenda beforehand:
- Next meeting's facilitator(s):
- ANV: Kelly
- CCL: Michael
- CSC: MaryAnn
- GWS: Jane
- LL: Dan
- Sudo Room: Yar
- Sudo Mesh: Mai
Working Group Report-Backs
Building & permits
- Meetings: only the kitchen group meets regularly, new times tbd
- ANV's door code doesn't work, they've been using a combination lock, for the office door.
- Kelly: ideally both be able to change the lock and/or the code
- Yar: Can look into changing the door lever with a new lock
- Concern about the bathroom being sketchy. What kind of cleaning would the building be ok with?
- Kelly knows a cleaning company, will send info about it to the consensus list
- Yar used to clean the wheelchair bathroom more often but has been sheltering in place this year
- Michael/CCL: front door has been propped open by cones whenever i'm there. Rodents enter the building.
- Yar says document when it happens,
- Jane: door shouldn't be open
- Yar: Points to a bigger problem re: accountability. There's a big disconnect between those who are coming to these meetings and who is at the building
- Meetings: 2nd & 4th Mondays at 5:30pm @ https://omnicommons.live/commons
- Join! * https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/commons
- Bunker wants to film tomorrow in the disco room, the person will be unmasked for 2 hours. Tomorrow morning Friday 9/18
- Mai proposes they wear a mask while traveling to Disco Room and use fans in windows to create negative pressure in the room
- Michael says a santizing process could happen too
- Jane: who'd be responsible for doing that? Hopefully Bunker
- Yar: I see people maskless way too often in the building. Don't want to punish people for asking when the people who don't ask first just get away with it
- Kelly: yes, and. Allow it to happen but also follow up with real accountability
- MaryAnn: they took our keys away and said we couldn't use our office. I'm surprised to hear the policies aren't being enforced.
- Mai's proposal to reiterate, is to keep the interview to the disco room, open windows, blow fan out the window, keep door closed during & for 2 hours after. Everybody wears mask while outside disco room. And disinfecting surfaces afterwards, and spray disinfectant in the whole room and also the bathrooms they use.
- Robb: this is used for a political campaign.
- Correction: Bunker says this is a Liberated Lens production which will not be used in the campaign. Its purpose is to narrate footage of last year's week of housing actions.
- Meetings: Email for now
- Join! https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/comms
- webservers and email servers continue to run
- Silver & Dane & Roberto met to talk about maybe sending another newsletter
- Meetings: TBD @ https://omnicommons.live/finance
- Join! https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/finance
- Jenny: village separation continuing. Sarah Lockhart's report said we don't owe them money after all. Lawyer has conflict of interest so won't help with it. Jenny rushed Sunday night to get a response in time.
- Meetings: Ad hoc
- Join! https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/fundraising
- Someone's gonna list us on something, Robb will arrange it
Member Collective Updates
Conflicts, Mediation & Safe Space
- Updates for any ongoing issues
- Has anybody been asked to leave? asked to leave
Endorsing CR event
- Consenting: Yar, Jane, MaryAnn, Kelly, Mai, Dan LL. Abstaining: CCL
- door being left open
- people not wearing masks
- Robb: groups gathering without an event request
- Mai: are they collective members?
- Yar: any particular collective
- Robb: Maybe...
- Mai: we're setting rules but people aren't conforming to them in person
- Dan: What's the protocol if we wanna borrow a projector?
- Yar proposes that we need to talk to the people who are in the building day-to-day. Participating in that conversation should be a precondition for still being allowed to be in the building.
- Michael: CCL only allows 4 people in the building. Me, 2 people from openinsulin, and 1 doing tissue culture. We went through the formalities, wrote proposal for exactly what they're doing. Part of that is calendaring so there's no 2 people in the lab at the same time. The door is officially closed, only open to people doing essential work, who wrote a proposal to get absolute permission to be there based on language & protocol in those proposals. That means there's "insiders" and "outsiders". Maybe we could put something on the front door of omni declaring we're officially closed and then a short list of things that need to be abided by, meaning what the rules are. Either they're allowed in or they're not. Only way we can have understanding about wearing mask & limiting numbers of people.
- Robb: can you clarify the process you went through?
- Michael: I thought Patrick brought it to delegates
- Mai proposes a dedicated meeting about accountability
- Dan: stick a note on the front door
- Mai will facilitate the Oct 1 meeting
Last Meeting Notes
End of Meeting
- please archive these meeting notes by copying the entire pad contents onto the omni wiki at https://omnicommons.org/wiki
- then please erase the contents of this pad
- then please cut & paste a blank template from here: https://omnicommons.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Delegates_Meeting_Notes_Template&action=edit
- previous notes are archived here: https://omnicommons.org/wiki/Meetings