Event:2022/03/03 Delegates

From Omni Commons
Revision as of 23:08, 3 March 2022 by Yar (talk | contribs) (copy from pad)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Omni Delegates' Meeting - Thursday March 3, 2022 7pm-9pm

Meeting Roles

  • Facilitator/s:
  • Stacktaker:
  • Timekeeper:
  • Notetaker/s:
  • Next meeting's facilitator(s):

Delegates

  • ANV: active, Silver
  • CCL: active, Patrik
  • CSC: inactive
  • FNB: active
  • FYE: inactive
  • GWS: inactive
  • LL: inactive
  • Sudo Room: active, jake
  • Sudo Mesh: active, juul
  • Quorum (2/3 of active groups): need 4 out of 5

Agenda

intros

brief intro format, ~4 minutes per person total:

    • name, pronoun, affiliation, land you're on, if you're a delegate
    • do you have any unmet access needs at this meeting?
    • what meeting roles you'd like to help with
    • discussion topics or proposals you'd like to put on tonight's agenda
    • announcements, updates and report-backs for your collectives, working groups, etc
    • updates on any conflict mediation or safe space issues
  • patricia - i'm fixing up the childcare room to make it a wellness space, hopefully to hold popups down the road.
  • silver: fye says they're moving out end of month? Has been connecting over Instagram
  • marc: sudoroom had 14 people on tuesday, lots going on. new monitor for telepresence. Fix-it clinic style meetings have been bringing new people in. junk in, junk out. romy made new instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sudo.room/
  • patrik: CCL restarted events - doing weekly Sunday morning workshop series. Yearly leadership elections March 16 - in person (hybrid). Reminder for Sudo to scrape coating off sky lights, so we can get glazier to reseal the panes.
  • imma: hoping to be treasurer. critical year, need to refinance! getting familiar with processes.
  • david
  • yar
  • mika & marquis of "building community collective" - been doing events with vendors/musicians, bringing everyone together to get people participating in organizing groups in activist spaces. small businesses. comes together in a great event. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVd9QhlFtlB/

treasurer

  • officer election
  • candidates: imma, nobody
  • VOTES: 4 for imma, 0 for nobody. imma elected!

wellness space

  • how do we do a popup event? what are the steps to conducting it in accordance to omni protocol? what do you need from us once we're ready to do that?
  • what type of event? folks doing healing arts in the erstwhile kids room
  • patricia: 2 meetings ago, meeting approved doing a popup healing arts stuff to protect omni from liability. in childcare room because upstairs room still full of office stuff.
  • typically events happen in evening, but massage would happen in afternoons?
  • sarah: i'd be wary of "let's try and coordinate quiet time around that schedule" - plans change, people could be loading stuff in, testing stuff.
  • patricia's idea was that they'd fix up the room sometime in the next 3-4 weeks and host things "for now", with the understanding that it may not be permanent, may be used for something else in the future

ballroom

  • On pace to be ready for events in May.
  • ran new cable for meijer speakers, patching in hopefully next tuesday, then can control sound from mezzanines
  • mezzanine window covers almost done
  • one louvre motor done, next tomorrow. then omni will be as well ventilated as possible. probably do CFM measurements next week to calc occupancy loads.
  • met wiht DTC wrt lighting grids for stage. can't afford all bells & whistles but useful for later. tracking budget! also got monitor speakers for stage, nice yamahas. david & sarah focusing on stage - curtains, lighting grid.
  • basics should be done by end of month (lighting, stage, sound). 90% done!
  • door locks for sound booth room? fixing the current door to open the right way.
  • Ventilation issues should be resolved by next week. Could restart events in Disco room and entrance hall. window bars fixed in entrance hall, windows can open. disco room doesn't have roof exhaust fan but has windows.
  • still need cabaret license and ABC stuff. that's "on us" (david & sarah)
  • patrik: covid numbers now back where they were last july. looking good.
  • marc: will intake have hepa filters?
    • patrik: merv 13 is what fits our intakes.
    • sarah: we got the fanciest filters that we could find, and had to special order for the size (recommended for smoke)
  • what does opening up for events look like?
    • sarah: we have a request form, you say "this is what we wanna do", we discuss it. there's the working group organizing from omni's standpoint as a venue/host/producer. it's fine to say "hey we wanna do things for our group and not managing this space for other uses"

insurance

  • sarah: we got california fair plan renewal invoice. looking for something cheaper. also need to reinstate liability insurance (expires april) - they were confused by unclear language on the website which says "we are 9 bay area collectives", which is confusing to an underwriter, because ANV, CCL, FNB are their own entities and have their own insurance. question is, could we rephrase that to be clearer about relationships without losing the spirit of self-governance. "we are home to 9 bay area collectives" vs "we are"?
    • just change it to "we host"?
    • we tell underwriters "ccl is not omni" but our website says we are
  • yar changed "we are" to "we are home to" - with reservations! i don't like that we have to do this, i don't think it should be necessary, but willing to do this for now. just whenever we have capacity, let's think about this more.

roof

  • still need to scrape paint off sudo/ccl skylights so glazer can reseal it
  • end relationship with roofer?
  • status: still waiting for $9K refund of skylights. May need to plan ahead for next steps. Would prefer not to go there, but may need to. Offered refund Feb 9. Not being very communicative. Talk to Mary Ann? Sarah will draft something
    • discussion of what's the best idea
  • to discuss at tomorrow's fundraising/finance meeting
  • patrik & folks tested for leaks a couple weeks ago. ian walked around today and didn't see any.
  • still need to seal up plywood on old skylight holes.
  • david is getting quotes for how to move forward with skylights assuming we get refunded. what's an affordable triage to have non-leaking skylights even if they're not works of art.
  • marquis & mika down to help!

property taxes

  • Are we 5 years behind? SL: yes - most recent 2 years the welfare exemption application has not been submitted; the first three the paperwork was submitted and is still in limbo -- SL to get room/collective space area measurements from DK to finish the room schedule to submit
  • sarah: i'm taking a different approach based on what they're asking for. drafting a very exciting document (spreadsheet of different spaces)
    • how much space is occupied & used by the owner (omni)? much of it operated by omni & omni's projects (basically part of omni)
    • regular tenants like ccl & fnb are their own 501c3s. provide a lease, that should be clear
    • finally, the ballroom. what constitutes "rented out" vs "omni is contracting with this other entity to do charitable activities"
  • old square footage chart, estimated from floor plan (included in 2017 tax exmption folder!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L_ZsJXO8A5m7KjkwBJrCjvsB1HEkASg9hKGQVfNDJAs/edit
  • Need to get old events documented - oldest are in Wordpress, newer in Airtable. Put everything in excel spreadsheet
    • Imma and Marquis offer to help out
    • yar can give people access to the wordpress & airtable

events

  • Need to restart events WG. Can start booking on disco and entrance hall
  • Fiona Tang from New Leaders Council Oakland hoping to plan weekend events for 30 ppl 3/26-3/27, 4/23-4/24, 5/21-5/22, and 6/25-6/26, with room for social distancing and space for food and beverages

Finance/Fundraising to meet tomorrow 5pm. Events WG meeting next Thu?

End of Meeting