Difference between revisions of "No Sidewalk Boozin"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:40, 23 March 2015
Proposal: No Drinking of Alcohol on Sidewalks outside Omni
- Proposal date: 2015-03-23
- Put forward by: DK
- Proposal that no alcohol is to be consumed on the sidewalks immediately outside the Omni by Omniers.
- Recent evidence that, and communication from, Omni neighbors who like the Omni generally but have shown that at least some will call the cops on 'drunk people' hanging out outside Omni. The neighborhood is beginning to push back on this and we should respect that.
- Drinking outside has also attracted local drunks who are not Omninoms with attendant safe space issues
- This is a clear legal and liability issue for Omni
- We recognize that this practice began after a long hard day of working on the space - laying up drywall etc - that folks wanted to simply sit outside, take a break and perhaps have a beer. However it shouldn't be the case that it is normal for having beers outside omni on a daily basis as inevitably trouble will result.
- This is not a proposal for omni to be a 'dry' space which would be pretty much impossible considering the need of the frequent fundraisers, 'socials', ballroom rentals, etc. It is to say though that no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the immediate area outside the premises of Omni.