This page exists as a living checklist for all the tasks we need to get done for Omni to be "ready" ;)
Once a task is completed:
It should be crossed out
- Incomplete tasks are not crossed out yet!
See full documentation on Ballroom-readiness page.
- Remaining holes needing to be patched:
- See "Soundproofing" below as well, namely the South Wall needs an extra layer of drywall with acoustic glue.
- Fire Extinguishers
- New soundproofing (major): Removable skylight covers: fabricated, hauled up to & installed on roof. Also will allow for daytime film screenings / daytime darkness in ballroom.
- New soundproofing (minor): Finish moving bookshelves & library from basement and install to south wall of ballroom (floor & mezzanine).
- Fixes & improvements necessary for existing Shattuck-facing soundproofing (window baffles):
- Fixture covers
- Organization (everything needs to be put away in a place it lives)
- Hang art, especially on South Wall (downstairs, ballroom) via Contemporary Art Museum of Oakland (CAMO).
A/V and Stage Production
(kitchen + fnb + mpm + baps + bhc + omp + ?)
- Expand walls
- Seal off pantry (give to black hole collective labs)
- Install dish washer
- Finish fixing up stoves & overhead
- Build closet for mop sink and water heater
- Coat / seal floor
- Move all shelves and books up into the ballroom
Bocce Ball Court
(sudo + ccl)
(til + tiny-room + den + kitchenette + shower + bathroom)
Omni - Throughout
Hallways and Thoroughfares
- Remove trash cans, store somewhere not in path of travel
- Make tape-based paths for unclear areas to maintain accessible paths free from clutter.
- Do all doors need to be lockable? Do any need to be electrified? Why? No ballrom doors are primary access, right?