This page exists as a living checklist for all the tasks we need to get done for Omni to be "ready" ;)
Once a task is completed:
It should be crossed out
- Incomplete tasks are not crossed out yet!
- Merge items from these lists:
- Connect to revival of Building Construction and Maintenance Working Group
See full documentation on Ballroom-readiness page.
- Remaining holes needing to be patched:
- See "Soundproofing" below as well, namely the South Wall needs an extra layer of drywall with acoustic glue.
- Fire Extinguishers
- New soundproofing (major): Removable skylight covers: fabricated, hauled up to & installed on roof. Also will allow for daytime film screenings / daytime darkness in ballroom.
- New soundproofing (minor): Finish moving bookshelves & library from basement and install to south wall of ballroom (floor & mezzanine).
- Fixes & improvements necessary for existing Shattuck-facing soundproofing (window baffles):
- Fixture covers
- Organization (everything needs to be put away in a place it lives)
- Hang art, especially on South Wall (downstairs, ballroom) via Contemporary Art Museum of Oakland (CAMO).
A/V and Stage Production
(kitchen + fnb + mpm + baps + bhc + omp + ?)
- Replace all missing fire insulation ceiling tiles
- Tie up loose ends, any hanging fixtures, trim, etc needs to be re-affixed.
- Lighting for both staircases
- Expand walls
- Seal off pantry (give to black hole collective labs)
- Install dish washer
- Finish fixing up stoves & overhead
- Build closet for mop sink and water heater
- Coat / seal floor
- Move all shelves and books up into the ballroom
- Preliminary ventilation (check existing vents)
- They're currently using non-toxic (green) solvents, low-odor, low-impact
- Extensive ventilation for future printing purposes
- For operating the offset printing press (later).
- ADA accessibility for walkways.
- Safety demarcations for presses, etc
- Keep back entrance to sudo clear.
- Lighting improvements
- Electrical audit
- Inspect past water leakages, damage
- Electrical audit
- Needs electrical outlets very badly (e.g. for meeting space)
- Walls, doors
- HVAC, especially for ventilation
- Repurposing of raised platform?
- Electrical audit
Bocce Ball Court
(sudo + ccl)
- Pathways / walkways / ADA accessibility
- Especially relevant during the night, lots of use at these times (daylight hours get light from skylights)
- LED / power-efficient options?
- Color-changing eventualities!
- Couple lighting better with architecture / layout of space
- Could increase the number of fluorescent fixtures.
- More shelving
- Free-standing storage structures
- Catwalk for storage (along edge of room)
Counter Culture Labs
- Sink in NorthEast closet
- Sink in East wall
- Conduit and outlets on North and East walls.
- More conduit and outlets along walls
- Safely reach center of room with power
- Re-organize all the things
- Manage wood / materials
- Finish drywall behind former bar
- Remove previous fixture hardware from ceiling
- Paint ceiling?
- Patch and paint high walls (fire safety)
- Install new lighting
- Install conduit / outlets along North wall, West wall, and behind South East counter
- Plumbing for cafe service area
- Mop sink
- Finish floors
- Move bookshelves
- Arrange furniture / tables / etc
- ADA Accessible walking paths, demarcations
- Front entrance / welcoming improvements
- Scrape paint off of alcove windows (keep alcove for sound barrier to street)
- Replace door with break-away door handles, etc for fire safety / escape
- Finish ADA bathroom
- Seal concrete
- Re-set toilet
- Clear up any issues with # of stalls, etc
(til + tiny-room + den + kitchenette + shower + bathroom)
- Supply sufficient power for use throughout
- Ensure stairways are successfully lit
- Modify lighting
- Check bathroom for lighting
- May need conduit and outlets in den
- Remove remaining ceiling tiles, hardware
- Consider removing fake wall / paneling between the mezzanine banister and the ceiling.
Timeless, Infinite Light
- refinish floors in den
- Better trash recepticals
- Potentially install washout or mop sink in shower area
- Implement functional and reliable sound system
- Fix dance floor
- Remove plastic sheets
- Repair light system
- Clean, restore filters, covers, insulation, etc
- Replace plastic sheets, level, seal so surface is flush
- Replace missing linoleum, tiles or other flooring surrounding the dance floor
- Fix or dismantle shelves around room
- Create sufficient storage, while preserving walkable space around room.
- Install easy-to-use, sound-insulating privacy screen / curtain / temporary wall between kitchenette bar and disco room.
- Sound is most important here, as well as creating privacy for folks in the room
- Install curtain inside disco room on small window in door.
- Determine if any beams are sufficiently strong to hang items for performance / fixtures / etc
- Ensure sufficient lighting is installed and functional
- Ensure sufficient power is arranged throughout the room for functional purposes
- Build closet for electrical panels in South East corner of room.
- Make doors and windows more easily lockable
- Connect power from this room to outside lighting fixtures
- Ensure sound and scent insulation / hvac / fans are sufficient for usage
- Turn into trash storage
- Locate a properly-sized, functioning compressor
- Install safely and securely
- Clean rest of room, use for trash bins or other cleaning supplies as necessary.
Omni - Throughout
- Implement new / upgraded trash system (Jenny)
- first-aide kits
Hallways and Thoroughfares
- Remove trash cans, store somewhere not in path of travel
- Plan is to place in current bike room and across from entrance to walk-in food storage.
- Make tape-based paths for unclear areas to maintain accessible paths free from clutter.
- Improve lighting, especially near entrances
- Mark spots for trash cans to place them there on trash days only
- Install drain catch / cover to keep gutters from clogging, roof puddling, and leaks forming.
- Create sound-insulating skylight covers.
- Do all doors need to be lockable? Do any need to be electrified? Why? No ballroom doors are primary access, right?
- cameras outside?