Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
No Candles in Omni proposal
- Any candles found in omni, lit or unlit, attended or unattended, be removed from the building and signage asking that candles not be lit be made to this effect in main areas of omni
- Two LED-powered fake candles be purchased from the Omni's funds and provided to anyone who would like to burn candles
- This proposal is being made to the presence of lit, unattended candles found many times in omni, most recently in a locked room on 2015-01-21.
- This is a safe space related issue. Burning candles can burn down this building.
- Proposal brought by DK.
Suggested broadening by Juul
Suggest that first point be reworded to say:
- The "No Candles" rule: Any devices designed to producie open flames in such a way that the open flame persists without the continued presence of a human being, must be extinguished and removed from the building unless these devices are part of the infrastructure of the Omni or one of its groups. Examples of disallowed open flames include candles, incense sticks and oil lamps, whereas allowed open flames include the gas stove in the common kitchen, bunsen burners managed by Counter Culture labs and hand-held lighters (though smoking inside the building is of course still disallowed).