Jump to navigation Jump to search
stuff in the building to fix
Remove all extension cords, replace with conduit or install outlets if necessary
- Outlets on east/shattuck-side wall need to be: removed, wire-nutted, wrapped in elec tape, covered with blank faceplates. TURN OFF CIRCUIT FIRST. Note: furthest N outlet not disconnected, only outlet in the center of the wall
- sink needs to have hole/leak repaired (stainless steel), and possibly re-mounted / re-caulked.
- Need to remove blue masonite tabletop as it is weighing the sink down! Modify and return as actual cabinetry / surface.
Ballroom-Shattuck Exit Area
- install light cover into flourescent panel (22"x3') - flourescents are 2x 2' bulbs
- SW staircase up: Repair hole in south wall near floor immediately across from stairs (see south wall acoustic treatment)
- SW & SE staircases: motion detectors up & down
- SW & SE staircases: LED strip lighting on each side
- outlet needs to be replaced with GFCI - Note: no ground; Gerald suggests decommissioning and installing new grounded plug in wall just above counter; go into wall from other side, need to locate grounded location
- all exposed bulb fixtures need be replaced with covered fixtures (2x)
- Install paper towel holder
Mezzanine "Book Room"
- 4"x4" Outlets affixed to top of Electrical subpanel must be removed from subpanel, and affixed to balcony (code violation) (3x)
- Clear everything 3' in front of electrical subpanel including all cords, lighitng, etc
- acquire & install cover for light (fixture takes glass orb / cover around bulb, it is missing)
- extend balcony railing to out in front of balcony hatch - on E side of R&J balcony (building & osha safety)
- Patch long thinnish strip above door where conduit is exposed.
Patch hole near floor in NW corner of this room near door jamb.<--needs another coat but effectively done
- Patch small hole in ceiling corner above ticket window where new conduit was run.
- install new outlet (existing is cracked and not attached to wall
- cover floor sink behind front counter area w minimum 3/4" plywood cut out and sealant (trip hazard/health)
- build secure mailbox
- 4'x2' light fixture panel cover
install paper towel dispenser and paper towels
- bathroom: Replace light fixture (sub-8') with standard caged bell-jar type
- between fridges: Lock roofer's ladder (that lives b/t fridges in balcony) to wall.
- kitchenette: replace CFL bulb in kitchen with 'safe' LED (silicone-wrapped kind) spot shape - e.g. for food safety if CFL breaks http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-A19-A-Line-Spiral-CFL-Light-Bulb-2-Pack-E-434357/203001435
- cover exposed wires in east wall (near bookshelf). can use a plate
- get clear cover to put over wall switch for old electric timer in wall in big bookshelf unit in south wall of TL
- south wall: close holes in basement wall where opened to remove mold.
- Phat Beets room ventilation doesn't work. people can suffocate in there.
- repair red stage <--- Removed baseboard, 3 broken joists, got one supplemental joist in, another one is most of the way in. Joists are 55 1/2" long, feet are 7" tall.
- clear remaining junk
- Acquire & install light fixture covers for the 4' flourescent fixtures in basement offices (bunker rooms) - roughly ~48"x16".
- install protective bulb covers over remaining working 8' flourescents: 6x
- unscrew piece of broken lightbulb from East basement hallway, replace bare-bulb fixture with covered fixture
- re-attach and restore service to entire strip of 8' flourescents along west wall (closest to sudo) that had been decommissioned
- acquire and affix 1'x1' ceiling tiles in NW corner of basement, so lighting fixture & strip of lights can be re-connected. ~120 tiles
- Cut & attach drywall AND then also affix 1'x1' ceiling tiles to exposed ceiling areas in basement (2 areas)
- Replace bad ballast in any 8' flourescent fixture (that is not turning on. If not sure try lights in it that do work in another fixture.
- hallway: install paper towel dispenser and paper towels
- entire room perimeter - 5LB ABC fire extinguishers at correct height every ~75' - starting w under each exit sign
- created dedicated space for storing excess lumber (long pieces), pipe, metal pieces, etc so they are not in jumbles (fire code).
- west wall - run more 3/4" conduit further down west wall. Must know code.
- run new conduit / circuits to reduce excessive extension cord usage (fire code)
- west closet: clean up & seal west wall
- west closet: put bulb covers over the 2x 4' flourescents
- west closet: put bulb covers over the 2x 4' flourescents in annex/closet
- west closet: replace ballast in flourescent fixture in this room
- east closet: cover exposed octogon junction box in ceiling with appropriate octogon plate
- east closet: replace exposed wiring from new LED fixture to ceiling with armored flex or EMT
- light switch cover near 48th street door should be replaced by one with less-sharp edges (better-sized)
- giant lateral file cabinet needs to be removed / find a better home somewhere JOHN GIVENS TO REMOVE - email photo
- Trace & label ALL elec outlets in this room
- A/V instructions need to be made for home stereo / speaker setup, mixer in crows nest etc. in this room
- West exit door (top landing to 48th st staircase) needs be panic bar'd
- install closer to main (east) door of disco room
- install closer to west / emergency exit door of disco room
- remove or permanently mount ALL LARGE UNMOUNTED PLATE GLASS MIRRORS in this room: safety hazard
- hole in wall in west staircase down to 48th needs be covered
- plate to be installed to cover exposed ceiling wires immediately in front of 48th st street door leading up to disco room
- crow's nest: giant hole in crows nest west wall needs to be a) filled with insulation b) covered (drywall etc)
- crow's nest west wall: exposed electrical wires / fixture needs to be covered (and traced)
- replaced busted circuit breaker in every electrical panel (like in the 42 breaker panel) with either working breaker or factory blanks.
- remove 2x6 on ceiling on south side of room (COORDINATE WITH GABRIELA 1ST - move or cover all her stuff.
- stage left - install paper towel dispenser and paper towels.
- need panic bars
- needs to be hung, closers, panic bars
cafe-basement (big white door)
- needs closer
- fix panic bar
- needs rehang, closer, panic bar, lock
- if possible, put closer on this door (may not be possible)
mezzanine book room
- Replace door handle with non-locking handle.
- Install real doorknob, remove latch
- replace locking main door to Rise Above in hallway with twenty minute solid-core (fire-code)
- replace 2x hollow-core sliding doors with 20 minutes solid-core sliding doors (fire-code)
- put closer on main door to Rise Above
- to hallway: closer
- to ballroom: closer
- balance ballroom fans
- Determine fix for leaking sink in 3-sink (weld?) - southmost sink (on left if you are behind bar)
- Install floor sink under 3-sink as per health code
- Make main (east) door to this room better fitting / gasketed against all air gaps so it functions for soundproofing
- rebalance fan
- ensure balcony hatch is robust enough to support 300lb standing weight
- Refinish & airgap-seal east wall above loft in this room so room functions as soundproofing / air barrier to exterior of bldg
- make north door to romeo & juliet balcony airtight (or better fitting) for turning this room into a soundproofing barrier
- active ventilation needs to be wired & installed (exhaust) in current ventilation window
- install door stop so the door can be propped open sometimes.
- Create wider storage openings under stage. Not insubstantial. See stage storage build plan.
- Install threshold plate to base of jamb (no more than 1/2" high as per ADA) to cut down on sound from ballroom
- install gaskets to door jambs to cut down on sound. (icarus)
- Install door closer
- Resurface kitchen floor, cover with quarry tile, or seal / treat concrete
- Fix or replace corroded window frames along shattuck
- Cut in mop sink in westmost pantry area
- Acquire and install tankless water heater, check gas line diameter & exhaust ductwork
- Purchase and affix Class-K extinguisher at correct height
- Cover exposed wiring in FNB locked-pantry ceiling (with e.g. metal plate)
- Install Ansul fire-suppression in hood
- Replace entire 4' flourescent light fixture closest to stove (has 1x broken tube holder)
- Acquire makeup air into kitchen (remove desk fan from duct, replace with something to code - 95% of hood CFM)
- Put closers on both basement kitchen doors
- steam clean stove hood
- Knock out / expand west kitchen wall to next-west supporting pipe
- Remove firred-out drywall, cover with FRP
- fix broken glass pane in 4th window west of front door in La Commune
- between fridges: get an exterior outlet plastic cover for 4"x4" outlet box here, so outlets do not get wet if it rains when roof hatch is open
- ~6" high barrier along balcony (to stop drinks etc from being knocked off onto those in cafe)
- bathroom: install ceiling exhaust fan
- Get clear cover to put over wall switch for old electric timer in wall in big bookshelf unit in south wall of TIL
- test linoleum for asbestos content
- remove linoleum (may need to hire certified abatement company if asbestos present)
- sand wood floor and seal with water based polyurethane
- all A/V & musical equipment (including in crow's nest) needs to be recorded (serial #s) and ownership determined
- ensure remaining shelving along north wall of disco room is fixed/affixed more safely
- pendant lights should probably be raised a bit higher up (low priority)
- pendant light switch(es): consider replacing with dimmers
- lightswitch cover near 48th st door should be replaced with one with less-sharp edges (better-sized)
- weight load for high-up triangular shelves in corners to be assessed (julia) to determine if speakers etc can be placed there