Below are some proposals for solidifying the Omni Collective's values, articulating them clearly.
Values by Implications of Questions
Questions can serve as guiding values that are open-ended and non-prescriptive. Questions can also help inform more precise ways of phrasing our values.
- How do we put our collective resources behind anti-oppression?
- In what ways do we promote speaking truth to power, internally and externally?
Similar to sudo room's values, the Omni Collective values some things over others (rather than absolutes), and hopes to encourage the use of these value statements to evaluate future situations and act with these relative relationships in mind:
The Omni Collective chooses to value:
- Community over seclusion
- Consent over coercion
- Communing over isolation
- Consensus over factions
- Do-ocracy over bureaucracy
- Process over the tyranny of structurelessness
- Cooperation over competition
- Commons over private interest
- Interdependence over centralization