The Omni Commons is 100% volunteer-run. We've got lots to do and there are tons of ways you can help out!
Join the mailing list
Sign up for our low-traffic volunteer mailing list to receive announcements about upcoming work parties and calls for volunteers for specific tasks: https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/volunteers
We have a number of Working Groups dedicated to specific aspects of the projects functioning. Visit the links to any given working group to learn more and join the mailing list:
- The Commons Working Group coordinates booking and event management for the common spaces of the building - meets Second and Fourth Thursdays at 7pm in the ballroom.
- The Building Working Group focuses on physical construction, maintenance and alteration projects - meets Mondays at 7pm.
- The Finances Working Group ensures the continued financial health of the Omni Oakland Commons - meets every other Thursday at 6pm. Contact finance [at] omnicommons [dot] org to confirm.
- The Fundraising aka 'Until the Revolution' Working Group is planning our strategy for buying the building! The community will own it... until the revolution, when property becomes obsolete. Meets Mondays at 5pm in the blue classroom.
High Priority Needs
- Legal / Permits
- Fundraising / Grantwriting
- Event Production
- Community Outreach
Simple things you can do to help
- Donate toilet paper or cleaning supplies - see our WishList for inspiration!
- Take out the trash
- Do a front desk shift - greet visitors, give tours, and generally provide a friendly face to the building
- Spread the word about the Omni to friends and neighbors!
Building renovation projects
See this wiki page