Omni Commons Event Team meeting Wednesday April 6, 2022 1pm
- Yar: excited to streamline the process and make it easier to onboard new volunteers
- Sarah, David, Micha & Marquise: present but did not check in
- people keep asking for fog machines but we don't have one. why do they think we have one?
- does the website have an outdated lists of available things?
- maybe people are looking at this? https://omnicommons.org/wiki/A/V_equipment_and_setup
- maybe present a broad category of things rather than specific models of equipment?
- save volunteer labor by having a clearer intake for this? checkboxes with optional links to more detail
- currently no projection screen in ballroom, so temporarily remove that
- the request form lists a fog machine! it's generated on airtable
- in-person A/V tutorial to go through things in A/V room
- Yar figured out how to invite people with their own login. Generated invite link which results in an account with "creator" permissions - share with care!
- Sarah's idea for a new airtable form structure https://docs.google.com/document/d/1754GTgxqzWMn9AA3fMuU8jO7OhDhzMeVlkB2U0tErbc/edit
- Sarah has worked on reconciling our contract text
- overview at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nn9z_UPZsQu91yw-Oo9DCMFYU3BR8PA1poYQiY09a0g/edit
- draft https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SLoAI_67cNQkn80Y_kpbkNN8enoBIHqy8r3CyjIvCLA/edit
- Fri Apr 22 overnight bday [Micha]
- Fri Apr 29 family not a group (maybe)
- Sat Apr 30 Labor Notes Fundraiser (DSA) [Joe]
- Fri May 6 memorial [Joe]
- Sat May 7 tv show [Joe]
- drop-in center
- World Folk Jam? [Yar]
Choose an online ticket sales platform, enable phone payment systems for at the door ticket sales all owned and managed by Omni. Keep petty cash for cash ticket sales.