How to Request an Event
As of March 2020, Omni Commons has cancelled all pending events and requests in adherence to the current "Shelter in Place" edict issued by Alameda County, and out of care for the health and well-being of our community.
Please get in touch if you had an event contract and would like a refund or would like to postpone your event - we will do our best to reach out to all renters as quickly as possible.
When faced with the threat of covid-19 and capitalism, Omni Commons remains committed to be a place to organize, to collaborate, to learn, to celebrate and to develop networks of mutual aid. We must however take caution and act responsibly to protect our community. We ask that organizers interested in using the Omni as a space for mutual aid activities review and implement the following guidelines.
If you are a grassroots or non-profit organization looking to organize a mutual aid event providing essential services to the community, please fill out the request form below.
Thank you for your support and the work you continue to do for our communities.
Love and Solidarity Commons Working Group
How to Request an Event:
- Check the Omni calendar for other events in the room you want on the date(s) of your interest.
- Event requests are now due by the second Monday of the month for the following month. To request an event next month, submit your request by the second Monday of this month. We will review all requests received at our bimonthly meeting and get back to you early the next week.
- Events are held throughout the different rooms in the building. Read about the spaces in the Omni to see which ones may be suitable for you. Visit us and see the space yourself!
- Read about the audio-visual equipment we have available for you.
- Read our policies:
- Submit an event request using the Event Request Form below and our events team will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have any issues, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our event capacity is limited by not having enough volunteers. If you'd like to help us host more events, please join the Commons Working Group. We need your help to keep Omni busy and thriving!