2014/05/03 Omni Hackathon/Omni Membership
Omni Membership Discussion
- Need good access control system
- No space open w/out stewardship by a member of that collective
- Need clear signage / plan for movement through space
- Up to individual groups to decide how much / to whom access is given to dedicated space
- Schedule another walk-through of the space before June 1st
- No required over-arching Omni Membership
- Post expectations and specific rules governing different spaces
- Bring up all conflicts and incidents at the higher level
- Good signage and constant communication between groups / at Omni level are essential!
- When do we want to control access?
- Is there an Omni Membership?
- How do we share space?
- Clear signage
- Publicize costs
- Access codes on members only spaces
- How do we ban members?
- How do we support bans by other groups?
- Can we restrict access to certain spaces but not others
- Is there space for the general public different from common omni collectives space
- Are members from individual collectives who want to help organize / administer the building are granted full access? (Minus restricted individual collective spaces)
- Avoiding exclusivity
- Keeping people from sleeping
- Building Management
- Individual Groups must be allowed to maintain Existing Membership Structure
- Public School Membership is Free (in direct conflict with paid membership to the space)
- Each individual group has their own definition of "members" already (or not!)
- What do we do when people are out of control / drunk / on drugs / etc? Do we turn them out into the street?
- Provide access to information on resources (shelters, hostels, etc.)
- How do we restrict access to certain areas?
- General Omni Membership (free, perhaps)
- Access to un-reserved common space
- Paid / Donation Tier Omni Membership
- Do groups donate certain access to their spaces? How would this be determined? Feels problematic / difficult to determine.
- Building / Space Access
- Door code
- Times of open access / Restricted hours
- Collectives should have a member present during open access hours
- Alliances between groups re: banning but bans are not universal necessarily.
- Common space rules / policies / guidelines
- Determine building administration / management needs
- Levels of access (layers of an onion):
- publicly accessible space
- only accessible to Omni people? should ther be a distiction w publicly accessible
- Bocce ball court access controlled after hours
- Shared lounge between CCL and sudo
- Some open CCL lab benches for food grade work
- Cubicle wall with unlocked but clearly labeled door
- Greenhouse structure for dust free work
- Small BioSafety Level 2 with a locked door