2014/05/04 Omni Hackathon Intro
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What are your fears?
- "I dreamed I walked through a crude architecture". We become too powerful and David Koresh our ass. Something horrible happens like the building burning down wiht people in it.
- Can't get along.
- Too few people get too much power
- We become another gentrification space.
- Lack of organization, lack of a common thread (what is the common goal?)
- Tiered membership (unequal access / privilege)
- Cash flow projections seem juvenile; will we be able to afford to be there in 6 months? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AktkZZru71ymdEFUSUtCSnQ5TXFfaE9wRWxTV1pSV2c&usp=sharing
- Burnout, how can we prevent that? How can we get more people involved? How can we inspire greater agency / autonomy?
- Defaulting to existing models without reflecting on them
- Making sure what we do gives a good name to what brings us together, that failures don't reflect poorly on cooperative / collective efforts.
- Exceding the Dunbar number (~150); too many people involved; social relations break down.
- Fear driven conversations; my general level of excitement; not exploring how things should be / how we want them to be
- Throwing the baby out with the bathwater; not letting ourselves fail and make mistakes; being crippled by fear
- Can we successfully navigate the deal in a way that's effective and legal? What does the financial inspection entail? A lot of unknowns.
- Conflict with the landlord.
- No Plan B.
- Not being heard by leadership/community when warnings are raised