Flyers + Posters ready to distribute
Lineup: order + Awards names
Pravda-Ecstatic: Best Ode to the Bay Area
Dream: Best life story music video
The Real Bogeyman: Best Protest Video
Showdown at Highway: Best documentary about the Indigenous struggle
Aunti Frances Loves Mission Self-Help Hunger Program: Best character in a documentary / ...
Afrikatown and Quilombo: Best ...
Safi: Best personal movie about Islam
Consequences of War: Best war movie
The Choice: Best portrait of Patriarchy
Pressure: Best Teenage movie
La Petite Salon: Best love story
Ballad of a Green Beret
Fat-shamed Into Self Love: Best film on self acceptance
Khombo, by Bluu, 1 minute: best commercial break / Best action movie
Checkmate: Best film about dissenting from school
You missed Black Skin White Tee. [Another lineup is presented further down]
Evening Schedule and logistics
4:00 PM Meet in Ballroom to set up the room.
7:00 - 7:30: Serve food and drinks: Angel and Jabari
Pop Corn Anthony
7:25 Introduce Optikallusions. Explain: use your program to vote. and the Festival
Use the ranking system; explain to people to vote for their 1st 2nd and 3rd favorite.
7:30 Show the films
9:15 Speech of 5 minutes while we tally votes: Jabari = stay for the movie Stay for the awards dragon fundraiser speech Group photo of filmmakers
9:30 - 10:30 Awards
Q&A about the audience favorite at the end
=> Make a program/ballot: Noemie pens
=> List of awards: Noemie
=> Coupon for the food. 2 separate tickets: Noemie
=> Signup sheet: announce (ask if they want to do a monthly donation)
=> Flyers and ginger juice
=> noemie: send themes for speech. Bring Mac adapter
=> Lanyards and name cards - Liz
=> Liz is doing cards for directors the tech.
Noemie: send the list
Entrance tickets and ushering: Noemie/ Anka
Serving food and drinks: Angel and Jabari
Food + Drinks + Pop Corn (where?) [the bar in the ballroom] WE GOTTA TEST THAT POPCORN MACHINE :D IT WEEERRRRKKSSS
Intro about OpAl and Festival
Food + Drinks
Awards (which ones and how to design them?)
How much time per film (Q&A?)
Donations: reminder to give money and why
- We are a video collective/ Community media project
Local collective that films stuff in the activist community
- We do peer learning/ SHaring Skills and resources
- We believe that there is a strong need for independent media, sharing resources so that the voice of the unheard will be heard.
- Sharing stories that are not reported by mainstream media, or not well reported
- We think everyone is capable of making good films
- We do activist media but not only; We'd like to allow for folks to tell stories from their unique points of view
- Nothing is more subversive than your imagination, so we believe that our project is revolutionary
- What we've done so far: Videos for the Omni (crowdfunding one shot walkthrough of the omni) / Protests, working with OGC + Documentary on gentrification, Pedie video
- We are renting a room dedicated to media post production
- Why this event:
- we want you to join/ signup sheet [optikallusionsannounce]
- We are raising money for more production and post production equipment, renting room, etc.
We owe rent, not a sustainable situation We can install same thing as sudo humans so we don't need to collect money every month We need a bank account ASAP
List of small discrete tasks that need to get done. Look at it and see if there is something you can do.