The Conflict Steward helps to mediate conflicts by ensuring conflict resolution meetings happen between all involved parties, that conflicts are thoroughly documented, and that rights to privacy and fair process are assured.
- Facilitates the conflict resolution process according to the Articles of Association, but not necessarily a moderator.
- Stewards selection of a moderator and schedules meetings among conflicting parties and moderator.
- Documents meetings and communications relevant to the conflict resolution process.
- Promotes good-faith participation in the process by conflicting parties on a basis of mutual respect and growth towards better relationships and a stronger community.
- If conflict resolution goes before the whole group, co-facilitates with Facilitator, and handles points of information about conflict resolution with reference to the documentation.
- Does not act as Conflict Steward in conflicts involving self.
>>> Return to Conflict Resolution Policy