Jump to navigation Jump to search
Very nice well-built rolling moveable walls with integrated electrical outlets, built to code, electrican can daisy-chain together (wall to wall)
- Walls are:
- Height: ~84" high (from floor)
- Length: ~98" long
- Just the wall part itself is: 4.25" thick, not counting moulding around top and bottom
- Rolling bracket / casters: stick out 7.5" from wall on ea. side.
- 1/2" around bottom
- 2" around top
- Other measurements:
- Rolling bracket is 20.5" wide total (from caster on one side of the wall to the other)
- Bottom of wall (top of rolling bracket/casters) is 5.75" off the ground
- Wall itself, measuring from the top the rolling brackets upon which it rests, is 78. 3/8" to top of moulding
Cost & Quantity
- # walls currently avail: 8. Possibly another 4 more later.
- Cost per wall is ~ $400/wall. Seller wants $420 (already talked down from much more). Should be able to get them for $400/ea
- Total: for 8: $3200.
- Seller is Hugh (who recently donated a large plotter to sudo room). He rents part of the Berkeley Design Center, where the walls reside:
- Berkeley Design Cetner
- 3195 ADELINE STREET BERKELEY CA (Near Ashby BART Station)
- hours: 10-5
- Birdhouse has given $1500 toward the cost of these walls.
- Request $1700 from Omni Commons
- Incredibly useful for code & soundproofing