Parked ideas about the Omni
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Someday, maybe, somehow, perhaps...
- Monthly community barbeque, engaging our neighbors
- Individual memberships in the Omni, with badge to access commons
- Remove bars over outside windows
- Either way, they need to be made to open from the inside - fire code issue.
- Video "windows" of the street outside, using webcam feeds to bring the outside inside.
- Parklet outside like Farley's
- Bicycle parking out front
- May be important for negotiating with city planners. We can fit racks for 40-60 bikes. See Bike Parking
- Climbing wall in the Boce Ball court!
- Big "OMNI" sign on front, with each of the letters made by a different group (dibs on the "I" for CCL). Can be lit up from battery powered by small solar panel on the roof.
- Install solar panels on the entire roof!
- Brightergy.com online calculator estimates we could install a ~100kW system for $200K (after rebates); pays back for itself in 8 years