Welcome to the Omni Commons
A Collective of Collectives in Oakland, California. See Founding Document for governance.
From Latin omni-, "all, every, the whole, of every kind,"
OMNI Oakland Collective is comprised of several Bay Area collectives. Its express purpose is to build consensus among member collectives with minimal possible bureaucracy for the administration of a common space and sharing of resources for the use and stewardship of the greater community.
The point of the OMNI Oakland Collective is NOT to function as any sort of governing body for the groups involved in any general sense. There are no senators. Its only and sole point is to administer the space, pay bills, make group decisions about the shared space, resolve any conflicts between the groups in the space, interface with the state, banks, authorities, etc. Logistics and bureaucracy: That's it.
- What kind of groups? Mainly:
- Worker Owned
- Offer value to the public for free or sliding scale
- What core values do groups share?
- Fostering radical discourse and education
- Maintaining an active, publicly accessible commons
- Providing a venue for innovative cultural production
- Striving for social, economic & environmental justice
- Standing in solidarity with all oppressed people
- Cultures of consent, against rape, violence & exploitation
- The survival & thrival of our communities and neighborhoods
We meet on the 1st, 2nd and 4th Thursday of the Month at 2141 Broadway.
- 6:30pm for newcomers
- 7:00pm for delegates (open to all)
Questions for Collectives
- Finalize proposal
- Build Consensus of Member Collectives
- Review Contract (agreement) and sign
Need help using this Wiki? ;)
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.