Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Omni is a Safe Space!
A safe space is defined as:
- "A place where anyone can relax and be fully self-expressed, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, age, or physical or mental ability; a place where the rules guard each person's self-respect and dignity and strongly encourage everyone to respect others." — Advocates for Youth via Wikipedia.
- A place free of physical violence or threats thereof.
- How do we resolve conflicts?
Scheduling Common Space
- System for sharing common spaces
- Naming of all rooms and spaces for easier scheduling
- Who has access? To what? When?
- One thing that was brought up during the Omni Hackathon was the importance of a good access control system. Could be keypad, RFID, swipe-card, whatever - as long as it's *not* based on physical keys that can get passed around. Preferably a system that can be reprogrammed remotely (so when a new member is added, we don't have to walk around the entire building updating door access codes). And ideally one where individual groups can be given full control over a specific subset of doors.
- Possible vendors:
- Reed Brothers Security on Telegraph near 45th is an excellent resource!
- http://us.allegion.com/Products/electronic_locks/Pages/default.aspx (e.g. Schlage AD-200 series: standalone, but can be upgraded to networked. Or Schlage AD-400 for wireless)
- Possible vendors:
- Interim Access Proposal (First 3 months / Until we are open to the public / Have a better system in place)
- Shifts: At least one person in charge of space access any time the space is open.
- Every member group provides a list of members. Those wishing to access the space must belong to a member group or be a guest of a member. (To be checked against member list by person in charge of space access at the time.)
- Last shift of the day / night checks the entire space to make sure everyone is out and locks up.
- How do we maintain a clean, safe, comfortable space?
- Maybe we could gameify it?