Do you want to see, taste, smell, and utilize a community-owned and -operated commercial kitchen in Oakland? We need all hands on deck!
In particular, we are looking for either a General Contractor or a set of contractors to spearhead construction, plumbing, electrical, appliance, and other key roles involved in building out a large commercial kitchen in an 85-year old building.
We are also looking for donations of working commercial kitchen appliances - see our kitchen equipment list for details.
Finally, monetary donations and/or fundraising help is sorely needed! A commercial kitchen is an expensive project, and our initial crowdfunding campaign raised only about a quarter of what we will need in total. To donate, visit https://omnicommons.org/donate.
Planning meetings with our architect are currently underway (as of August 2018), organized ad-hoc via the kitchen mailing list.
If you'd like to help out, you can join the mailing list here: https://omnicommons.org/lists/listinfo/kitchen
Meeting Minutes Archive
<DPL> category = Kitchen count = 100 ordermethod = sortkey order = descending </DPL>
- A draft floorplan of the future kitchen (from 2017, very much outdated):
- After many months of regular and not-so-regular meetings and planning jams, outreach to community members for input and feedback, we had drafted a detailed budget and equipment list. In June of 2018, we hired James Gallagher as our principal architect to guide us through the planset and permitting process.
- On December 23rd, 2017, we launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise $75,000 to upgrade the commercial kitchen in the basement!
- The first campaign goal was $25,000 toward Phase 1: Groundwork - permit fees, wall demo & reconstruction, plumbing.
- Check out the awesome campaign video!
- Archive of the kitchen crowdfunding campaign